Upgraded to AT Pro

Mike breezy

Well i just got my at pro last week and so far i am very impressed. Though i havent found any silver or gold with it yet, i have found a bunch of wheats and other clad that my pioneer 202 and 505 missed completely. Cant wait to get this out to some old sites soon.

set up some targets in your yard and try detecting with the different settings. ( Pro mode, standard mode etc. ) the AT Pro is very versatile and takes a little practice and time to learn how to use it to its fullest ability.

It took me longer to learn my ATP because I began in Standard Mode. I recommend learning Pro mode, you will end up there anyway. It gives much more info in the tones than Standard.

Yep start out in Pro Mode IMO, I started out that way and one day I accidentally switched it over to standard mode and thought something was screwed up with the detector :laughing:

Good for you buddy, I have an AT Pro, Happy with mine also. I stay on Pro mode myself. Wait till you can try it in some water too..... Good luck and relax, THAT SILVERS GONNA POP UP SOON!

It took me longer to learn my ATP because I began in Standard Mode. I recommend learning Pro mode, you will end up there anyway. It gives much more info in the tones than Standard.

Good advice. I started in standard also as it reminded me of a much stronger ACE 250. I live in Pro Zero mode now because I want to hear everything that the machine is telling me.

I agree with the others here. Start off in the Pro mode and learn to listen to the crackles and blips. You'll get used to it quicker and like they said, you'll end up there anyway. Don't run with the iron audio on. Only use that for questionable signals. If it sounds like a strong hard hit, turn on the Iron audio and listen for the grunting. If you have any on the outer edges it's more than likely flat iron or something else. Washers with holes in them and iron rings always sound awesome no matter what. Dig some of those signals and see what you pull out. That will get you used to the tones and items its signaling. I had the ACE 350 and never used the Standard mode on the Pro. Not sure why it's even an option really. Have fun and get digging!

Well i just got my at pro last week and so far i am very impressed. Though i havent found any silver or gold with it yet, i have found a bunch of wheats and other clad that my pioneer 202 and 505 missed completely. Cant wait to get this out to some old sites soon.

The Garrett AT Pro is a killer detector for the $.

Pro zero mode with descrim on 31 works well for me!

Which machine did you move up from?

I don't even know why they have standard mode, I would rather have a clock...

Pro Zero, no disc, iron audio off, and hot as she'll run.. Listen to everything, it will pick out the wheat from the chaff! In really high, non stop iron, back off the sensitivity a little and slow up to pick apart the signals..

The 5x8 is a must have IMO...

<*)))>{

Which machine did you move up from?
I have a 4 different bounty hunters, a tracker iv, pioneer 202, pioneer 505 and discovery 3300. I hunted for years with the 202, and got the rest within the last year. Mostly i got them for free from friends but i did pay 100 for the 505 about a month ago. It was brandnew so i figured it was a good deal. Nothing even comes close to the ATP though.

I have a 4 different bounty hunters, a tracker iv, pioneer 202, pioneer 505 and discovery 3300. I hunted for years with the 202, and got the rest within the last year. Mostly i got them for free from friends but i did pay 100 for the 505 about a month ago. It was brandnew so i figured it was a good deal. Nothing even comes close to the ATP though.

In my book the ATP has a weight advantage with the small coil and is the reason I do use it some. Many that move to the ATP are really moving parallel because of the daily hype. A Bounty hunter model in the same price range as the ATP would be a good contender as far as function. Enjoy your new machine but beware of moisture because unless you keep the gaskets greased it could leak. Mine has had the batteries wet a couple of times and when the rain started I put it under my pouch and headed for the truck but the rain still leaked in.

I Love my AT-Pro...pro mode is the best, plenty of sounds to hear, I learn everyday.

Everyone says pro mode is the best, but

I tested my mothers $2600 platinum ring, pro zero mode and it sounded like iron or a bottle cap!!!

I switched to standard zero, and it sounded loud and clear like a target I would dig!

Now I am wondering how many good items I have been missing!:no:

I recently got an ATPro. I started out in standard the first few times. Since then I have been using pro coin and have not used the standard mode at all. On strong signals in pro mode I can 95% of the time know what I am digging. I think I am going to start running it in zero and hear everything. The other day I had a scratchy signal from 47 to 67 with a more solid sound somewhere in the middle so when I slowed down and shortened the swing I was picking up a solid 51-53. Every time with a solid 51-53 it has been a nickel. And sure enough it was. There must have been trash close. So if you really pay attention and listen it will tell you. :yes:

Back
Top Bottom