Nothing spectacular, but a decent hunt

TundraPlugger

Elite Member
The other day I was driving around the older part of town looking for someone to be outside to ask permission. I came across a younger guy that was out in his back yard making chainsaw sculptures. I asked him how much each piece was trying to butter him up for the permission asking part. I ended up buying a decent sized middle finger sculpture and got permission.
That day while I was there I got a handful of clad and two later wheats.
Today my 5 year old daughter and I had plans to go back there and see if he had the sculpture done yet and also to check over his yard again.....and play with his kitten. Well, we weren't finding much other than a couple clad I missed until I came across a shallow nickel signal. I figured it was going to be a more recent Jefferson but instead it ended up being my second ever V-nickel....1909. We left since there wasn't much to find and he had ended up selling my sculpture over the weekend, although he is going to make me another.

We checked a couple other little grassy areas near the river where I figured kids might have played back in the day and ended up getting a couple dog tax tags. One is from 1947 and the other I can't read the date.

But overall it was fun to hang out with my little girl and find a few oldies.

a9e5962d5541c3430a0faa403ad1d69a.jpg
2fffef4193b05d6ba401fa3d507641de.jpg
0f302982155cf0c95abbf118d6ceec37.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Great hunt! Is it me, or do you dig ALOT of dog tags? I think in 5 years at it I've only dug 3-4. Congrats!

Thanks cellr! It isn't you, I do seem to dig up a lot of dog tags. I think that's 4 for the year! I would have liked for an older silver but I'll take what I can get. It's been raining a lot lately and I've been really busy in the time off I've had in the last few weeks so I can't complain. Good luck to ya!

Congrats on the V and time spent with your daughter.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom