A heads up on knives.

Hey, I know which their, they're or there to use...but much more than that and I'm screwed. I took honors English and Reading classes all throughout my studies, but still only scored a 320 on the English part of the SAT, which is about equivalent to just putting your name up top.

Engrish n me just don't wurk write er get a long whale. :laughing:

Hey, I know which their, they're or there to use...but much more than that and I'm screwed. I took honors English and Reading classes all throughout my studies, but still only scored a 320 on the English part of the SAT. Engrish and me just don't wurk write or get a long whale. :laughing:

I should have thanked you for posting the thread. It is something that you don't really think about while out metal detecting.

Sorry, I'm exhaused from hunting all day. My apologies, but you get the gist of it. I also can't spell, that's why I married an English teacher. :lol:

You should've married a dictionary, they don't put demands on you and don't complain. :laughing:

...and, they're easier to read too. :laughing:

I have used a knife for a lot of years with no problems, we checked with the laws before using a knife. I bought a digger a few years ago, because I thought the knife might break. It is good I live in Ohio, where we have don't have to deal with the gestapo to enforce our laws.

Good point, thanks for posting.

Many use a Hori Hori, and a few actually use a survival knife, I would assume most officers would realize it's being used as a digging tool, but it only takes one grumpy cop having a bad day and possibly topped with a lippy "this is public property" detectorist to get someone in trouble.

I noticed an officer talking to some kids at a nearby basketball court as I was unloading my detecting equipment. I was wearing my Hori-Hori knife on my belt along with my pinpointer and finds bag. He drove by as I was closing my trunk. He backed up and looked ant me and then said "I thought that was a pretty large knife but I see what you're doing." He smiled and went on his way. To anyone who asks, it's a landscaping tool.

I noticed an officer talking to some kids at a nearby basketball court as I was unloading my detecting equipment. I was wearing my Hori-Hori knife on my belt along with my pinpointer and finds bag. He drove by as I was closing my trunk. He backed up and looked ant me and then said "I thought that was a pretty large knife but I see what you're doing." He smiled and went on his way. To anyone who asks, it's a landscaping tool.

That's nice to know there are police who understand and appreciate the spirit of the law over the letter of the law and realize someone with such an item is not intend on harm when they see the person also has a metal detector.

Let's say your carrying a American flag and a masked guy attacks you with pepper spray.HH

I for one think that wearing a mask in demonstrations should be illegal. They feel they can get away with anything as long as they are not recognized. You don't see those not wearing them committing the same crimes. Also I had riot control training in the Army. Believe me anyone throwing a bottle or a rock isn't trying to help you. They could easily kill you and should be met with the same deadly response. You would see a lot fewer masked rioters on the street.

Back
Top Bottom