Bouncy Ball Spike with a Cent?

kalky7

Bouncy Ball Spiked with a Cent?

I posted the details in a different thread, but I still can't figure this one out.

The quick version: Tonka and I found a bouncy ball that gave a very solid signal. It was getting dark so he just put it in his pouch.

At home, I looked it over and the only thing I noticed was that it was marked "Taiwan".

Curious, I cut it in half and noticed a dark colored cirlce in the center. At that point, I still couldn't see what it was. I then started cutting at the dark spot and soon realized it was a penny! That is when I stopped and took a picture. The molding still wasn't even off it yet.

It turned out to be a 1997 Lincoln!

Has anyone ever heard of this before? I am almost 100% certain the ball was not slit and the pennt put in. I looked it over pretty good before I started the surgery.

Curious ....

ballpenny.jpg

My Guess is that it was one of those novelty clear superballs with a penny inside of it. It probably clouded up from the UV rays and exposure to being outside

My guess would be one of those craft kits you can buy in a store to make them yourself and someone put a penny in it.
My son bought a soap making kit once and he ended up putting a coin in the middle of one.

Back
Top Bottom