Gun?

z118

Forum Supporter
Any gun experts out there? Dug this up today, I'm guessing it's not part of a toy. Any insight as to what type of gun and/or age? Let me know if a pic from another angle would be helpful.

Attachments

• IMG_1769.jpg
    IMG_1769.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 292
  • IMG_1770.jpg
    IMG_1770.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 286
thats kinda odd...what does it say on the side there in the first pic?

thats kinda odd...what does it say on the side there in the first pic?

I can only make out "or best results keep cl.....oiled"

Weird. Doesn't seem like something that would be on a real gun. Then again, I know next to nothing about guns. And on the other hand, I don't think I've seen many toys that you need to keep oiled for best resutls.

I'll say it again. Weird.

well the lack of a safety on that receiver makes me think it is a BB or pellet gun receiver...some older guns had a safety switch just infront of the trigger but there is no bar there...some also had the safety on top of the receiver....mossburg shotguns still have that but thats definitely not a mossburg...so my guess would be a pellet gun or maybe ever a cap gun

actually after taking a second look it is a cap gun...you can see the peg that the roll of caps went on...and that why it has that "flap" or cover thing on it....100% sure its a cap gun.

actually after taking a second look it is a cap gun...you can see the peg that the roll of caps went on...and that why it has that "flap" or cover thing on it....100% sure its a cap gun.

Now that I look at it that makes perfect sense. I wonder how old it is? And what would the reast of it have been made of?

Now that I look at it that makes perfect sense. I wonder how old it is? And what would the reast of it have been made of?
In the early sixties, I had a cap gun that had that type cover and post for the reel of caps, but other than that, I don't remember too much about it.

Back
Top Bottom