Need Help On What I Found Today

tampatech45

Don't know what it is but you can take a stab at it and try to help me out. As for me since it's here in my hands i can tell you it looks and feels like a meteorite. But im no expert so any help will do.:?:

Attachments

• P1020351.jpg
    P1020351.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 341
  • P1020352.jpg
    P1020352.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 331
  • P1020361.jpg
    P1020361.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 335
  • P1020356.jpg
    P1020356.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 335
  • P1020354.jpg
    P1020354.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 336
Welcome! Hard to say with melted metal.
Where'd you find it?
I know the metal blobs I've found were either from burned down building materials or burned autos.

No this was in a state park in Florida, not a building in site for 35 miles at least. And it was so far under the ground i dont see what else it could be. Pluse my metal detector said iron and well lol it was all over the place with this find. I may take it to the local university to take a look at it, they should know what it is.

No this was in a state park in Florida, not a building in site for 35 miles at least. And it was so far under the ground i dont see what else it could be. Pluse my metal detector said iron and well lol it was all over the place with this find. I may take it to the local university to take a look at it, they should know what it is.

What sort of state park? One with an old military fort, like Fort DeSoto (near St. Petersburg)? It's hard to tell what was there earlier. Up here in Virginia, at Prince William Forest Park, I'm always finding pieces of slag on the surface (I've never detected there, I don't know if that's legal), probably part of an iron smelting operation, since I can also find samples of pyrite there.

It definitely doesn't look meteoric in origin...

-- Tom

Looks like it "could" be a bullet head... maybe
I've dug out old bullets at shooting ranges and they look similar.... sometimes... depending on what they hit....

Possibly part of a space craft / Shuttle ... isn't Kennedy Space Center near Florida?

Back
Top Bottom