Coinstar Gravy Train Keeps On Rolling

diggin4clad

Elite Member
People are going to start thinking I'm making this up but today the Coinstar machine gave me TWO more silver coins, a 1952 Roosevelt Dime and a 1959 Canadian Dime, the 18th and 19th silver coins from Coinstar this year. Other coins in the lot were a clad dime, a 1977 twenty five cent coin from Trinidad& Tobago, and a nearly mint condition 1954 Canadian nickel. People must be breaking open their piggy banks for Christmas shopping.

Attachments

• Image (25).jpg
    Image (25).jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 405
Last edited:
Really? More Coinstar silver? As far as Coinstar hunting goes, you have a real "honey hole" there! Good score.
I checked one today. Found a small, toy poker chip. To pass it on, I secretly left it on a table in the Subway shop. Two minutes later, a woman came and sat there, and immediately flung it on the floor. Oh well...some things are just meant to be rejected. I suppose the sweeper will reject it too. :laughing:

Nice!! Great year for you at the coin star, Congrats!
Thank you, it's been my best year for Coinstar silver

I plain don't believe it....you are on a roll. Great job.
i'm almost not believing it either.....

Awesome job scooping those up, congrats!
Thanks......

Interesting variety, Congrats !!!! ….maybe they need to come out with "Coinstar reject tray coin collecting folders" :lol:
Good idea.....I'd buy one

Really? More Coinstar silver? As far as Coinstar hunting goes, you have a real "honey hole" there! Good score.
I checked one today. Found a small, toy poker chip. To pass it on, I secretly left it on a table in the Subway shop. Two minutes later, a woman came and sat there, and immediately flung it on the floor. Oh well...some things are just meant to be rejected. I suppose the sweeper will reject it too. :laughing:
Thanks....maybe someone who plays bingo will pick up the chip you left...…..

I have a feeling your finds will pick up at this time of year, congrats especially on that 80% silver Canadian -

My best haul was when i found a bound up coinstar at a grocery store. Think i got 18 bucks in change. My bank did away with their change machine. But glad i had the experience of pulling a couple gold and a few silver. But the foreign coins i sent pounds to my sister she still has. It was a Navy bank so they toss lots of foreign currency in the trash. Found a bunch of clad halves in the trash once. No idea why:?:

Over six years of checking coinstar machines and I have found a total of ONE Clad dime. Well there is usually a hand full of dirt in some of the rejection trays.

You are Killing the silver in those machines. Congratulations.

Nice going once again . I'm on a Coinstar dry spell , nothing for a while now .
Thanks......coinstars are streaky, good returns for a while and then nothing for days/weeks.

I have a feeling your finds will pick up at this time of year, congrats especially on that 80% silver Canadian -
I figure that this time of year people are breaking open their piggy banks for extra Christmas money so the finds are better.

My best haul was when i found a bound up coinstar at a grocery store. Think i got 18 bucks in change. My bank did away with their change machine. But glad i had the experience of pulling a couple gold and a few silver. But the foreign coins i sent pounds to my sister she still has. It was a Navy bank so they toss lots of foreign currency in the trash. Found a bunch of clad halves in the trash once. No idea why:?:
Clad halves in the trash? Possibly because we hardly ever use halves anymore those guys thought they were foreign coins and tossed them.

You are killing the Coinstars D4C!!! Congrats on more silver!!!
I've definitely been on a hot streak and I hope it continues.

Over six years of checking coinstar machines and I have found a total of ONE Clad dime. Well there is usually a hand full of dirt in some of the rejection trays. Not to mention all kinds of other crud along with the dirt.

You are Killing the silver in those machines. Congratulations.
Thanks, it's been my best year for Coinstar silver...….previous best was 11, last year was only 4

Congrats on the coinstar score. You got me by four silvers! However the year's not over yet!!!!

I have a nice spot just like yours that produces quite often. Keep checking those CoinStars..

Way to go diggin!

I’m not up to your Coinstar silver count for the year yet, but did find my first Kennedy (90%) silver half this year. I get quite a bit of foreign stuff and I can spend the Canadian coins when we go up each year.

Jim

Back
Top Bottom