le sigh....winter is here

pryan67

Forum Supporter
Woke up this morning and there was snow on the ground. I was REALLY hoping for another couple of hunts this year, but it looks like the party's over for this year :(

Same here. The ground is frozen solid, and we've already had our second snowfall! As much as I enjoy winter, I couldn't help being disappointed to see my second detecting season come to a close. :( I didn't get out much this year... like you, I really was hoping for at least one more trip before the freeze. However, I am very grateful for the time I was able to spend detecting this year - for the fun I had, for the stuff I found, and especially, for the time spent with my dad and brothers (my favorite detecting partners). And I gotta admit, I do so enjoy the beauty of freshly-fallen snow! :snowflake:

No snow here....yet, but it's raining hard and the ground is super saturated. this weekend is supposed to be cold and windy so my hunt time is getting short in a hurry.:( Usually, November is reasonably mild and I can hunt until the first or second weekend in December.

…..some people might be determined to detect no matter what :laughing::laughing::laughing:
jnsnow_md2.jpg

39 degrees for a high tomorrow, Sunday will be a heatwave at 43 degrees and sunny:lol:. Looks like I might try Sunday. Basically, time is running out and fast. I wish I had bought my Equinox earlier in the year but looking forward to next spring.:yes:

a friend has a garrett mettle detector dives under 200ft water said I need one picks up as good as his does. gold small gold. im looking 4 gold and other things like coins but not diving just to use on creek banks and in rivers his has a descript. to no iron nails any sug. he said I could find one just as good without the diving had to ask and maybe kalaco wont a used to keep cost down

a friend has a garrett mettle detector dives under 200ft water said I need one picks up as good as his does. gold small gold. im looking 4 gold and other things like coins but not diving just to use on creek banks and in rivers his has a descript. to no iron nails any sug. he said I could find one just as good without the diving had to ask and maybe kalaco wont a used to keep cost down

Ok... what?!

Bounty hunter - treasure hunter - cabelas
Best find to date - 15g platinum ring and 1876 love token

Yep two inches on the ground here. I’m not ready! Where’s our Indian summer? I took almost two weeks off at the end of November!

well we just got a dusting, but here's the forecast...I don't see it happening :(

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 128
That should be Muds mug shot

I'm sure thats what I look like when I find a Stadium with an open gate, and Clad Heavy!!......Murderous and intent to stab up Clad with my F70 Axe and a screwdriver!! "Heeeres Johnny!".:laughing::laughing:

I'm bald headed though, so probably more like Bruce Willis with a screwdriver and a Zippo lighter....like in Diehard...yelling "Yippee Ki-yay!" :laughing:

Both references work though...the same concept, the same snowy weather in each...Like when Bruce threw his Zippo and lighted that one plane on fire? Yeah..its all about results! :laughing:

The last few hunts, I underestimated the cold and had to cut them short because my hands got too cold.

well we just got a dusting, but here's the forecast...I don't see it happening :(

Hey that forecast isn't all that bad. I'm waiting to see 40s again in our local forecast. I haven't detected for two whole days now. Turns out there's a lot of other stuff to do! Now I gotta get ready for ice fishing too? Not ready to hang up the MD gear yet...

Winter is here in Missouri

Twenty seven degress this morning with a high around 40 degrees if the sun comes out. Looking for between 1/2 -2 inches of snow for Monday. That will be our second snow of the season ,ground should be froze here before long. I broke down the detectors for the winter season and start hoping for a early spring. This year seems like we had very short spring and fall. Lost a lot of tomatoes still on the vines a couple of weeks back after a quick hard frost.

Back
Top Bottom