Nox 800

penneyrich

Reading a lot of great things about the 800. I am considering upgrading from my Ace 400 in the near future and have been researching the 800. I like what I have read, but the only things I have reservations about is the built in battery and the special battery charging cable. Can you use regular batteries in the 800? If the battery pack goes bad, then you have a boat anchor. If the charging cable is lost or it goes bad, then you can't just go to the store and pick up another charging cable. I am not a fan of rechargeable batteries that are built in. Has anyone had any issues with this unit or are my concerns unfounded.

I've had my 800 for 9 months and have had no issues with the battery. You get 2 charging cables with it and approximately 12 hours of detecting time per charge. I'm sure I will need to replace the battery someday but it appears pretty easy to do. I too was skeptical of the battery at first but have had good luck with it so far. It is nice being able to charge up in the car, power bank or via any usb outlet. As for now, the only battery I need to buy is for the pinpointer. :grin:

You just get used to charging it after a couple good hunts, and never worry about buying batteries for it.(you can't use regular batteries) When I am out detecting, I keep the headphones case in my vehicle, holding the spare charging cable and a charged USB power bank like the one in this photo. Great backup power source!

Attachments

• powerbank.jpg
    powerbank.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 291
I to don't care for not having the ability to replace the battery. If it goes bad I'll just send it back to Minelab. I just purchased extra charger and cables to make sure I'll always be able to charge it anywhere.

I had the same questions about batteries and charging before buying the machine (I got the 600). But I haven't had any problems, and you can charge it from the USB outlet (or the cigarette lighter) in your car/truck just like your cell phone. I still wonder how long the rechargeables will last, though.

I understand and have shared your concerns about this topic......recharge batt technology has advanced so much...Its not gonna be a problem...

The cordless rechargeable tool makers got this tech dialed in and we are the beneficiaries...I got a 20yr old 9v cordless drill that just wont quit!....So yeah, this one tool has settled my concerns on the subject...

Reading a lot of great things about the 800. I am considering upgrading from my Ace 400 in the near future and have been researching the 800. I like what I have read, but the only things I have reservations about is the built in battery and the special battery charging cable. Can you use regular batteries in the 800? If the battery pack goes bad, then you have a boat anchor. If the charging cable is lost or it goes bad, then you can't just go to the store and pick up another charging cable. I am not a fan of rechargeable batteries that are built in. Has anyone had any issues with this unit or are my concerns unfounded.

I got a 705 that you dont need a special cable to charge. Takes regular AA:D

I wish that the spare charging cables weren't so expensive...22 bucks IIRC.

I DO like that you can run the detector while connected to a battery pack...

Back
Top Bottom