Is it New Years yet?

Gauntlet

Forum Supporter
Been hunkered down 'til the holidays blow-over. Did manage to catch some nice crappie Thanksgiving day, and just as I got out of the shower, the neighbor called, she brought me a plate of Thansgiving food, so I didn't even have to cook :D

Got all the privacy fence moved, and added another 40' to the length. Then tied the "compound" fence (around the bus/buildings) to the fence on the hill I just finished. This gives me my privacy back at the fire pit after Cap'n Underpants took down the entire acre of trees he had next door.

PC140008.jpg

Now I'm going to fence the entire back perimeter with woven wire. So I've been clearing a path for that.

1st day I started, chainsaw took a dump, so I got out the axe and fell 4 - 8 to 10" trees. I didn't want to take the time to fool with working on a saw, and didn't want to spend the money for a new one, so I bought a $50 electric. LOL, it's surprisingly a tough little saw. It's a 14" WORX, and I got an extra chain since I pretty much bought saw and spare chain as "disposables", figuring I'd ruin both "grubbing" fence rows. I probably ruined a chain, but it was worth it.

PC140015.jpg

If you look close you can see the other post in the center of pic. The tree down was smack on the property line. When I dropped it, it was full of termites, so I'm glad I took it down instead of working around it, I hate cutting trees, but you gotta do what you gotta do.

Tree was 22-24" diameter, and you notice....no stump :D dug down and cut below ground level.

PC140013.jpg

Gonna extend the corner of the wooden fence out to post, like I did the other side (1st pic)

PC140016.jpg

Set 3 main posts a couple days ago, and today set a few brace posts and braces.

Wire will start from wood fence down to corner.

PC140010.jpg

That tire (it's a big truck tire, so proportion probably makes it look closer) is on neighboring property, and it's (the tire) probably 100' from my property, so it's down in a ravine, so there's little chance anyone would ever use it, as it's low and wet when it rains. My property runs off onto it, as does all the surrounding properties.

PC140011.jpg

Same corner, no brace wire on yet...started raining. The "clearing" you see in the distance was all trees until the good Cap'n had 'em dozed-over.

PC140012.jpg

Once the fence is done, I actually have plans to "clean-up" all the debris (leaves/limbs), clean up the small trees, and have a little extra room to roam around in.

Going to take a break from fencing for a while. Still working-out, weighed-in at 199 today, was 225 in May :cool: lol, lifting weights is less work than digging holes, cutting trees, and carting posts up/down muddy inclines.

I believe I may just have to go fishing next week :cool:

WOW, nice work Gauntlet ! :thumbsup: (and a lot of work !)

You might have room for a miniature putt putt fun golf course, horseshoes, tennis court, basketball court, then you can get some fun exercise too :lol:

Congrats on the "getting in shape" results too !

…….I've said before why pay money to a gym or fitness center when you can do yard work and not only get free exercise but you accomplish stuff at the same time :lol:

WOW, nice work Gauntlet ! :thumbsup: (and a lot of work !)

You might have room for a miniature putt putt fun golf course, horseshoes, tennis court, basketball court, then you can get some fun exercise too :lol:

Congrats on the "getting in shape" results too !

…….I've said before why pay money to a gym or fitness center when you can do yard work and not only get free exercise but you accomplish stuff at the same time :lol:

I get bored easy Gary, problem is I have more time than money. :lol::no:

Already have horseshoe pit, though I'd move them out back if I had a large enough level area. I get a little nervous if a rookie wants to pitch.

P7130039.jpg

My running/jumping/high impact days are long behind me. :yes:

Wouldn't pay to join a gym, why I set-up my own...no waiting, or laying in some goobers smelly sweat residue :coolinoff:

PA180004.jpg

Also made my own T-post puller, and fence stretcher, I'll have to get pics when I put them to use in a couple weeks. Making an accurate materials list in order to get the rest in one trip to TSC.

Fences? Weight Lifting bench? Hows about a picture of this neighbor lady that brings you free food? Also, does she have a boat? Got a pic of that?

Unbelievable! Electric chainsaws and termites? Heres a nice lady bringing you food? No pics of her? You think she did this on account of she is considerate? Ya think she had all sorts of leftover food laying around and it was easier to bring it to you than to throw it in the dumpster? No, evidently she had other motives in mind...and 'zip zoom right over your head!' Opportunity missed!

Youth is wasted on the wrong people! :laughing:

Its no wonder everybody thinks all detectorists are gay!...guys like YOU! Well, enjoy fiddling around with your homemade Tee Puller you damned dummy!...:laughing:

Last edited:
Fences? Weight Lifting bench? Hows about a picture of this neighbor lady that brings you free food? Also, does she have a boat? Got a pic of that?

Unbelievable! Electric chainsaws and termites? Heres a nice lady bringing you food? No pics of her? You think she did this on account of she is considerate? Ya think she had all sorts of leftover food laying around and it was easier to bring it to you than to throw it in the dumpster? No, evidently she had other motives in mind...and 'zip zoom right over your head!' Opportunity missed!

Youth is wasted on the wrong people! :laughing:

Its no wonder everybody thinks all detectorists are gay!...guys like YOU! Well, enjoy fiddling around with your homemade Tee Puller you damned dummy!...:laughing:

She's married, and too young for me if she wasn't. She also brought me a couple pounds of deer shoulder:D

I ever tangle with another, she'll have to have money. I've got my own boat ;)

Hey, like the t-shirt says....I'm not gay but $20 is $20 :D

She's married, and too young for me if she wasn't. She also brought me a couple pounds of deer shoulder:D

I ever tangle with another, she'll have to have money. I've got my own boat ;)

Hey, like the t-shirt says....I'm not gay but $20 is $20 :D

What a Catch! Deer shoulder too? You should go for it! I'm jus bussinyerbalz! :laughing: You know I'm a huge Gauntlet fan! Love your posts and pics of what you are up to..Its always seems to be something with you Buddy! OK, now lets see some pics of those slabs!:laughing:

I get bored easy Gary, problem is I have more time than money. :lol::no:

Already have horseshoe pit, though I'd move them out back if I had a large enough level area. I get a little nervous if a rookie wants to pitch.

My running/jumping/high impact days are long behind me. :yes:

Wouldn't pay to join a gym, why I set-up my own...no waiting, or laying in some goobers smelly sweat residue :coolinoff:

Also made my own T-post puller, and fence stretcher, I'll have to get pics when I put them to use in a couple weeks. Making an accurate materials list in order to get the rest in one trip to TSC.

Neat gym setup Gauntlet !!!! (I can understand wanting to avoid "some goobers smelly sweat residue" :lol:)

As far as being a little nervous if a rookie wants to pitch horseshoes, here's a solution...…

…….just get this horseshoe set perfect for the rookies to practice ! :laughing::laughing::laughing:

American Educational Products Ultra Soft Foam Horseshoe Set

https://www.amazon.com/American-Educational-Products-Horseshoe-Assorted/dp/B00CV5WS4I

foamrubber_horseshoes.jpg

What a Catch! Deer shoulder too? You should go for it! I'm jus bussinyerbalz! :laughing: You know I'm a huge Gauntlet fan! Love your posts and pics of what you are up to..Its always seems to be something with you Buddy! OK, now lets see some pics of those slabs!:laughing:

Slabs? That raises your property taxes.....gravel for me :p

Thanksgiving, I fished 'til noon. Many will stay out until the last second of daylight in order to fill the limit (15/person or 30/boat, over 12" min). I don't need fish that bad :lol:

PB220004.jpg

PB220003.jpg

Went through my old PB account, and got a few pics off there I'd forgotten about.

My old trapping truck ('86 Chevy K10)

Screenshot-2018-12-15-at-3-20-15-PM.png

I'd updated it a bit :D

Bowtie Overdrives 700R4

Screenshot-2018-12-15-at-3-19-46-PM.png

New GM crate motor

Screenshot-2018-12-15-at-3-20-04-PM.png

Screenshot-2018-12-15-at-3-19-56-PM.png

Another "pile" I'd redone. Only Corvette I ever owned, and wouldn't own another....unless I was rich enough to pay someone else to work on it.

Motor/trans/suspension overhaul, interior, and paint.

Screenshot-2018-12-15-at-3-17-05-PM.png

My '62 Impala, ditto on it, full redo. I'd just painted it here, didn't even have the trim/bumpers back on.

Screenshot-2018-12-15-at-3-15-43-PM.png

Even found one of the idiot who'd pulled out in front of me. That's him playing turtle.

Screenshot-2018-12-15-at-3-20-27-PM.png

Neat gym setup Gauntlet !!!! (I can understand wanting to avoid "some goobers smelly sweat residue" :lol:)

As far as being a little nervous if a rookie wants to pitch horseshoes, here's a solution...…

…….just get this horseshoe set perfect for the rookies to practice ! :laughing::laughing::laughing:

American Educational Products Ultra Soft Foam Horseshoe Set

https://www.amazon.com/American-Educational-Products-Horseshoe-Assorted/dp/B00CV5WS4I

View attachment 431339

lol....there's some I wouldn't even trust with those :laughing:

I had a friend growing up in VT who said when he could no longer walk on to his back porch and pop off a few rounds and relieve himself without the neighbors complaining it was time to move...
Nice work, good to have some privacy.

I had a friend growing up in VT who said when he could no longer walk on to his back porch and pop off a few rounds and relieve himself without the neighbors complaining it was time to move...
Nice work, good to have some privacy.

Someone's always shooting around here. Neighbor deer hunts with a 30-30, and checks zero about once a week. I 'bout grease my britches when he lights off that 1st round :shock::lol:

Thanks!

Spent today out back burning sticks and raking leaves. The woods is only about 1/4 acre, but has a 8-10" carpet of leaves and sticks all across it. I'm going to clean it all up, and hopefully get a little grass to grow.

Leaves are a wet mess, and would take forever to dry enough to burn, so I decided to just rake them into a low spot, and let them turn into dirt :D

Well, Christmas is all but in the books....now if I can just get New Years out of the way :D

Past week, been working out back....ALL week, except for 1 rain day. Sun up to sun down, not even stopping to eat. Cooler full of water only.

Lot is cleared, just have a little bit of wood left to cut/split. Finished the last of the raking today.

These are stumps I'd ripped-up when I was clearing the lot with skidsteer. I never planned on doing anything out back, so I just piled them (3 piles). Been well over 3 years, so they're getting good ant rotten, and the dirt that came-up with them will be used for filling any low spots in the future. Stumps will make their way to the back, and into the leaf pile to compost.

PC240008.jpg

As will any rotting wood

PC240007.jpg

I stopped (lost) counting the 35 gallon trash cans I filled with leaves and hauled out to the low spot, but it's somewhere near 300. Roughly 8' high, 25-30' long, and 12' at the widest point.

PC240005.jpg

PC240004.jpg

Clean :cool:

PC240003.jpg

PC240002.jpg

You can see bits of concrete footings I'd dug-up from the area the bus/barn currently set. I needed them gone so they wouldn't interfere with any post placements. I dug a trench as deep as the skidsteer was tall, but should have dug a second, but I was in a rush to get building started. Oh well....I'll just tell everyone's it Stonehinge :p

Barbed wire will come-out, and t-posts used on woven wire fence. I'm glad it's done, and going to take a week off before I start back on fencing.

PC240001.jpg

Nice work man, you've been BUSY!
Going to burn the big pile?
That looks clean enough to detect now!

Nothing to burn, rotten stumps and dirt. I'll work on them over time, distributing the dirt and tossing stumps in the leaf pile to finish rotting.

I'd done a little detecting here but never found a thing, not even trash.

Wow !!!! :shock: …….you could open up an outdoor adventure park and charge admission :lol:

I'm not building a fenced compound to invite people in Gary :lol::laughing:

Back
Top Bottom