Hunted a 1918 house.. silver and wheats..

Cfmct

Administrator
Admin
Forum Supporter
At noontime I decided to go hunt a property I was given permission to hunt a couple months ago... I waited because our lawns were dry and didn't want yellow circles in the manicured lawn... while I was hunting the neighbor saw me and blurted out when you are finished with the property I was hunting to feel free to hunt his as well.. his is also a 1918 house..

The soil is dark and rich and all the targets were deep so next time I will hunt with the 13" coil I bought from DirtLizard.. today I was using a SEF 8x6 and it was hard overlapping on a backyard that was about an acre in size..

I hunted for 3 hours today..

I wish I knew why these Iphones turn the pictures :roll:

Attachments

• IMG_0142.JPG
    IMG_0142.JPG
    72.1 KB · Views: 265
Last edited:
Great day man! Looks like there may be some older stuff in there too, judging by half the buckle. Good luck on the return trip and the neighbors lawn as well!

Nice hunt with a great variety of targets! Congrats on the silvers and other nice finds.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You can also edit your photos on the iPhone to adjust orientation and other things like cropping, exposure, etc.

Great day man! Looks like there may be some older stuff in there too, judging by half the buckle. Good luck on the return trip and the neighbors lawn as well!

Thanks cellr ;) the entire area was rich in mills.. so I am sure there are quite a bit of older finds down deeper...

Nice hunt with a great variety of targets! Congrats on the silvers and other nice finds.

Thaks jwp.. :)

Nice finds, be sure when you take a pic it has not rotated before you snap the pic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It didn't rotate while I was taking the picture... and thanks :)

You can also edit your photos on the iPhone to adjust orientation and other things like cropping, exposure, etc.

I'm still learning this new phone... I really like it and will never buy another android after owning the IPhone :)

good luck

At noontime I decided to go hunt a property I was given permission to hunt a couple months ago... I waited because our lawns were dry and didn't want yellow circles in the manicured lawn... while I was hunting the neighbor saw me and blurted out when you are finished with the property I was hunting to feel free to hunt his as well.. his is also a 1918 house..

The soil is dark and rich and all the targets were deep so next time I will hunt with the 13" coil I bought from DirtLizard.. today I was using a SEF 8x6 and it was hard overlapping on a backyard that was about an acre in size..

I hunted for 3 hours today..

I wish I knew why these Iphones turn the pictures :roll:

A one acre back yard with an 8X6 coil !!!! ouch......Was there any structures of some sort back there?
I've never had too much luck in vast back yard hunts......I recently had a permission for one such house and clearly it had been hunted super hard before......Not even a wheat to show after two hours !!!!!...But with the 17 inch coil I did snag a deep large cent in the middle of the acre back yard........
Hope you find something cool out there......

A one acre back yard with an 8X6 coil !!!! ouch......Was there any structures of some sort back there?
I've never had too much luck in vast back yard hunts......I recently had a permission for one such house and clearly it had been hunted super hard before......Not even a wheat to show after two hours !!!!!...But with the 17 inch coil I did snag a deep large cent in the middle of the acre back yard........
Hope you find something cool out there......

No... maybe in the woods behind the house... I'm also hunting a 1726 tavern and stagecoach stop... in 3 hunts I have found 1 horseshoe, 1 lantern part and a KG... that find was in the horse paddock absolutely nothing around the house... I hunted several times its all iron bits deep... tells me soil was added over the years... usually many properties I hunt are red dirt this had the red dirt under 9 inches of loam... I bought a larger coil to try out...

You say ouch but the 8x6 coil on my MXT is just as deep as the 10" DD stock coil and half the weight so this is why I hunt with it over the 10" I mainly bought the 13" for hayfields..

Great Hunt and finds. That MXT still produces !! I'm gonna run mine back over my areas when I'm done playing with my new toys !!

Good looking hunt Craig, congrats on the silvers, relics and the rest!

Thanks Bruce
You got some real nice finds there. Congrats!

Thanks Jak

Nice mixture of finds you found!! Can't wait to see what you pull out with the larger coil!! Congratulations!!

When I go back I think I will stick with the 8x6 its a manicured lawn and I like making tiny holes max about 3,4 inches in diameter I can do that with the MXT those big coils can be a pain to PP with... I may save it for the woods and fields... just means I get to hunt the property until I am satisfied I get everything ;)

Nice finds man!

Congrats!

<°)))>{

Thanks Ice..

Great Hunt and finds. That MXT still produces !! I'm gonna run mine back over my areas when I'm done playing with my new toys !!

I was chuckling at your two latest acquisitions... what I mean is there is no holy grail out there... its you learning your detector like you know the back of your hand... lots think the MXT can't keep up with higher end machines well it can and does... :yes:

Nice finds craig

thanks Mark

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice hunt man, glad to see silver coming out of those old yards!

Thanks Zee... I tried a couple beach hunts... our beaches are so sanded in I went back to playing in the dirt... ;)

I was chuckling at your two latest acquisitions... what I mean is there is no holy grail out there... its you learning your detector like you know the back of your hand... lots think the MXT can't keep up with higher end machines well it can and does... :yes:

True, but I think getting a couple other detectors will give me a better perspective of how they all work and what the MXT's weak and strong points are so I can better adapt at different sites. I think I've learned a lot in the last couple weeks. I was just getting stagnant with the MXT.

Back
Top Bottom