Broke the $1000 mark today!

sandgroper

Elite Member
$1000 Australian dollars that is! ($745.38usd). This year I've already found 1447 modern coins, so that's an average of about 70c/coin.

I didn't have much time for detecting today, but still managed to go for half an hour at a nearby university. A short hunt, but very productive ($30.35).

The lawn I hunted today is opposite a permanent food stall, which probably explains why there were so many coins! Lately I've been doing really well at this place, so in the next few hunts I'll finish off the rest of this lawn, and then I might move over to the amphitheatre. :)

Attachments

• $30.35.jpg
    $30.35.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 657
Nice finds. They add up. I paid for all my detectors just with change I found over the years. How I wish we had $1 and $2 coins in the US. One year I was at $800 USD in change. If we had larger coins like yourself or Euros could have been near $2000. My friends in Europe pay for new gear with park hunts. They notch out everythying but 1 and 2 euro coins and high grade a park for cash. He needed new mud boots for detecting the old muddy fields. Park hunt a couple hours and had 40 euros quick.
Keep having fun. Spending money is always nice.

$1000 Australian dollars that is! ($745.38usd). This year I've already found 1447 modern coins, so that's an average of about 70c/coin.

I didn't have much time for detecting today, but still managed to go for half an hour at a nearby university. A short hunt, but very productive ($30.35).

The lawn I hunted today is opposite a permanent food stall, which probably explains why there were so many coins! Lately I've been doing really well at this place, so in the next few hunts I'll finish off the rest of this lawn, and then I might move over to the amphitheatre. :)

Yeah... $30 is VERY productive. Nicely done!

Congrats on the Grand finds!

Thanks Jak! :)

Nice finds. They add up. I paid for all my detectors just with change I found over the years. How I wish we had $1 and $2 coins in the US. One year I was at $800 USD in change. If we had larger coins like yourself or Euros could have been near $2000. My friends in Europe pay for new gear with park hunts. They notch out everythying but 1 and 2 euro coins and high grade a park for cash. He needed new mud boots for detecting the old muddy fields. Park hunt a couple hours and had 40 euros quick.
Keep having fun. Spending money is always nice.

Thank you! Yeah, if it weren't for those $1 and $2 coins, I wouldn't even be close to $1000. In fact, over 70% of that total is just $2 coins.

:dingding::kingdances: Congrats X!!!!

Thanks BuscaPlata! :)

Yeah... $30 is VERY productive. Nicely done!

Thank you Skippy! In terms of spendables, this is one of my better ones for this year!

That's awesome!

You guys have those loonies and toonies dollar coins right? We have dollar coins, but that's as high as they go and they don't seem to circulate that much, so aren't lost a lot either.

hh,
Cal

Love stories like this! Congrats! I visited Sydney and Cairns for a total of 3 weeks when I was young. Would love to visit again and detect there someday.

WOW!!! Congrats.... Speechless here....

Thanks Mudwhale! So far, this has definitely been my best year of detecting! :)

That's awesome!

You guys have those loonies and toonies dollar coins right? We have dollar coins, but that's as high as they go and they don't seem to circulate that much, so aren't lost a lot either.

hh,
Cal

Thanks! Yes, we've got $1 and $2 coins over here, which makes hunting very productive. In the 80's Australia did have $1 and $2 notes, but they got rid of them and changed them to coins instead. I'm glad they did!

Congrats! That's a nice take!

Thank you! :grin:

That's a great total, it all adds up!

Thanks! Yes, it definitely adds up over time!

Love stories like this! Congrats! I visited Sydney and Cairns for a total of 3 weeks when I was young. Would love to visit again and detect there someday.

Thank you Triad! I've never been to Sydney, but I have visited Cairns once when I was younger. It's a beautiful place. :)

Large coin denomination sure would change the distain of digging clad here in the states, but , I can say like you and others, clad has paid for all my detectors,... but mostly with quarters! I wish beach bars used our $1 coins, it would be a gold mine!! Congrats on the milestone!!
DL

Large coin denomination sure would change the distain of digging clad here in the states, but , I can say like you and others, clad has paid for all my detectors,... but mostly with quarters! I wish beach bars used our $1 coins, it would be a gold mine!! Congrats on the milestone!!
DL

Thanks dirty love! Yes, I 'paid off' my first detector, the xterra70, within about three years (technically I didn't pay it off as it was a gift), and now I'm slowly paying off the CTX as well (so far I've got $165)

:woot:
Congrats, X-Terra!

Thanks Princess! :)

That is getting it done.
Congrats

Thank you! :D

Congratulations on the coins.:yes:

Thanks very much! :grin:

WOW! 70c per coin average! That must be what Heaven looks like for a Cladder! Congratulations on that Payoff XT! Let alone everything else you have been finding along the way!:good:

Back
Top Bottom