Street Tear Out! ***PIC HEAVY*** (Page 5) UPDATED

I wonder if the powers that be have thought about those old bricks being a potential goldmine themselves. I bet people would pay $5 apiece to have an old brick from the town's streets.

Nice job of cleaning up all that scrap metal before they re-pave the streets!

I wonder if the powers that be have thought about those old bricks being a potential goldmine themselves. I bet people would pay $5 apiece to have an old brick from the town's streets.

Nice job of cleaning up all that scrap metal before they re-pave the streets!

They actually saved some and put them back in the middle of the streets to kind of keep the old school look, but they did sell the rest of them for like a buck a piece or something.

On a side note, they started digging out the dump :D

Dug up a whole lotta intact bottles last night....some i'm guessing are late 1880's!

They actually saved some and put them back in the middle of the streets to kind of keep the old school look, but they did sell the rest of them for like a buck a piece or something.

On a side note, they started digging out the dump :D

Dug up a whole lotta intact bottles last night....some i'm guessing are late 1880's!

Just found this web site that can help if you want to ID any interesting bottles -

Historic Glass Bottle Identification & Information Website

https://sha.org/bottle/

Just found this web site that can help if you want to ID any interesting bottles -

Historic Glass Bottle Identification & Information Website

https://sha.org/bottle/

I haven't checked out that website yet, but I cleaned one of the bottles off today over my lunch break and it has this embossed on the sides:

Forni's Alpenkrauter Blutbeleber

turns out its an old laxative bottle from the early 1900's. Weird thing is the muck inside the bottle looked like what the result of taking the laxative would be....:shock:

I haven't checked out that website yet, but I cleaned one of the bottles off today over my lunch break and it has this embossed on the sides:

Forni's Alpenkrauter Blutbeleber

turns out its an old laxative bottle from the early 1900's. Weird thing is the muck inside the bottle looked like what the result of taking the laxative would be....:shock:

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

Surely a name that's hard to miss :lol:

Here's a page with a description and list of ingredients they put in it -

http://americanhistory.si.edu/collections/search/object/nmah_715635

Been awhile since i have been out....got busy with things (and they are done with all the construction for now). Went out last night for about 20 minutes....was not disappointed with this buff! It was an iffy signal about 6 inches down (piece of tin foil right next to it about an inch) but i dug it anyway and am glad i did!

picture.php

Been awhile since i have been out....got busy with things (and they are done with all the construction for now). Went out last night for about 20 minutes....was not disappointed with this buff! It was an iffy signal about 6 inches down (piece of tin foil right next to it about an inch) but i dug it anyway and am glad i did!

picture.php

Nice find NEB ! Good thing you didn't see the foil first and cause you to stop before seeing the buffalo :lol:

When you say "they are done with all the construction for now" does that mean they have plans for more tear outs later?

nice find! Drove through your town again last Monday. That town square area looks nice after all the work they did. Glad you were there to save those coins. Passed another street tear out, I think in Mission. Could be worth checking out if you are up that way.

Nice find NEB ! Good thing you didn't see the foil first and cause you to stop before seeing the buffalo :lol:

When you say "they are done with all the construction for now" does that mean they have plans for more tear outs later?

for now....there is talk of more revamps a few years down the road to finish up the brick streets (still a couple blocks of bricks in the downtown area) but i think the priority now is paying for the work that was just done....

Jason in Enid: nice find! Drove through your town again last Monday. That town square area looks nice after all the work they did. Glad you were there to save those coins. Passed another street tear out, I think in Mission. Could be worth checking out if you are up that way.

I've had a few people contact me and wonder how to get permission on tear outs in their town....lol

Pretty cool article i got interviewed for awhile back! It's in a statewide magazine showcasing the state of Nebraska. I guess I should have gave a shout out to the forum! :(

picture.php

Well, holy !!!!! Unreal night tonight! They are building a new hotel on the south side of our town square (i found all the other coins on the North, West and East sides). They tore out the friggen sidewalk this afternoon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The first target I hit was a beauty of an 1854 Seated Quarter!!!!! Also found V Nickels, a Shield Nickel, and a handful of IHP's. 12 Coins in all, most recent being the 1903 V pictured. Also found a small pin that says CUB SCOUTS USA, and also some kind of pendant that still has some small diamond looking stones in it!!!!!

picture.php

Best part is they tore the alley up as well and probably wont pour cement for a few days!!!!! Gonna be fast and furious, I still haven't found a gold coin, half, or dollar.....fingers crossed!!!!!

Well, holy !!!!! Unreal night tonight! They are building a new hotel on the south side of our town square (i found all the other coins on the North, West and East sides). They tore out the friggen sidewalk this afternoon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The first target I hit was a beauty of an 1854 Seated Quarter!!!!! Also found V Nickels, a Shield Nickel, and a handful of IHP's. 12 Coins in all, most recent being the 1903 V pictured. Also found a small pin that says CUB SCOUTS USA, and also some kind of pendant that still has some small diamond looking stones in it!!!!!

picture.php

Best part is they tore the alley up as well and probably wont pour cement for a few days!!!!! Gonna be fast and furious, I still haven't found a gold coin, half, or dollar.....fingers crossed!!!!!

Wow !!!!! VERY nice score, congrats !!!!!

.......gold or not, those "tear outs" usually seem to be a "gold" mine of non-gold finds ! :lol:

If only they would do some tear outs around here ! :iwish: :lol:

Last edited:
Wow, very nice congrats! Once all these street tear outs are done, you should take a big picture of all the finds you've found within these tear outs, or make some sort of collage! You've found some pretty cool items in those tear outs!

Just got home! Lots and lots of trash... Iron everywhere, also buttons, rivets....no pulltabs though! It was tough tonight but managed to squeak out some goodies...

Seated dime(?)
picture.php

1887 V Nickel (found in front of the 1887 building!)
picture.php

I have video of the seated live dig I'll put up tomorrow
Nice finds !

got back out tonight at the same stretch. Boy did i miss a lot the other night! Pocketed 35 Cents by way of 4 V nickels, 5 Inidan Head Pennies, and a Barber Dime! That makes me want to lobby to replace all of the old streets/sidewalks in town!!!!!!!!

got back out tonight at the same stretch. Boy did i miss a lot the other night! Pocketed 35 Cents by way of 4 V nickels, 5 Inidan Head Pennies, and a Barber Dime! That makes me want to lobby to replace all of the old streets/sidewalks in town!!!!!!!!

Hey, neat idea, make up petitions for the public to sign stating they want any old sidewalks and streets replaced ! :lol:

If you could actually see "jealousy" you would see it coming from my ears, sidewalk and street tear ups are my dream. I have even emailed the City to see if I could get a list of future road construction and never heard back so I didn't pursue it.
Can't beat an early :xmas:

If you could actually see "jealousy" you would see it coming from my ears, sidewalk and street tear ups are my dream. I have even emailed the City to see if I could get a list of future road construction and never heard back so I didn't pursue it.
Can't beat an early :xmas:

Most of the time, these projects are performed by contractors. You need to find the list of demo / construction contractors used by the city and then get chummy with a manager or boss to find out the future city jobs and when and where they will be.

Sidewalk tear out keeps on giving! 2 Shields, a V, IHPs, Seated Dime, and Barber Quarter tonight! Also an unidentified foreign coin. And a little piece of jewelry. Got some of them live which I will upload later. This has been an unreal stretch! I think the foreign is a Canada cent possibly....

Turns out what I thought was a 1 cent Candian coin, is actually an 1858 Canadian Ten Cents coin! Pleasant surprise!

Back
Top Bottom