How to sell silver coins

Stacker

Hi All

I am wondering if you guys sell your silver coins? If you do, to whom? Outside of a rare coin, how is price determined? Thanks for teaching a noob.

Use above mentioned site to get the melt value. Then try to find who will give you highest percentage of that rate. (this is the tricky part) Make sure you are not selling any key dates or coins worth more than simple mlet value. Watch the precious metal prices, it may be benificial to hold onto ypur silver, until the price goes up... or it may not...

There are a couple cool apps for Android and Iphones that list current melt prices. I can't sell any of my coins. As soon as I think I am going to sell, I think of how much more it will be worth in a couple years. LOL its a major problem.

I think the obvious answer is e-bay. I don't know about all the fees as a seller, but as a buyer you generally can't touch even the most worn-out 90% silver coin for anywhere close to spot. It's usually as much premium as you'd pay to buy fine silver 1 oz rounds.

So if I was selling silver coins, I'd probably put them on e-bay!

I think the obvious answer is e-bay. I don't know about all the fees as a seller, but as a buyer you generally can't touch even the most worn-out 90% silver coin for anywhere close to spot. It's usually as much premium as you'd pay to buy fine silver 1 oz rounds.

So if I was selling silver coins, I'd probably put them on e-bay!

Ebay, and PP combined cost seller in the order of 15%, you should easily do as good as that at ANY reputable coin dealer / coin shop, AND save yourself a lot of pain. In fact that's why I could never figure out why people sell common date silver coins on there one at a time, with all the keeping track, going to the post office, waiting for some to pay you, etc. etc.

Or you could just send me a PM and ill buy them. :-)

start them on here low and who ever wants them will bid to what they feel it's worth. That be one way to do it

Another option is craigslist since it is free. Just need to make sure if you go that route to meet at a public place like your bank or a jewelry shop you might be friendly with.

Ebay, and PP combined cost seller in the order of 15%, you should easily do as good as that at ANY reputable coin dealer / coin shop, AND save yourself a lot of pain. In fact that's why I could never figure out why people sell common date silver coins on there one at a time, with all the keeping track, going to the post office, waiting for some to pay you, etc. etc.

Most of what I see on ebay goes way over 15% over spot, even for totally trashed 90% silver with no numismatic value. I doubt you'd get a coin shop to give you that much. Best to shop around though!

Anything to the contraption they advertise that turns your microwave into a smelt furnace? Question here is there any advantage to melting and selling yourself?

Anything to the contraption they advertise that turns your microwave into a smelt furnace? Question here is there any advantage to melting and selling yourself?

Well then whoever buys this from you must trust the purity you claim. But down the line it will have to be re-melted at a refinery to find out the real purity for the buyer.

PM me if you links to various contacts I have that make their own silver bars to sell.

Maybe a new thread that allows for buyers of coins to post there contact info. Gold buyers, relic buyers, maybe force a weekly post of willing to buy for prices. Do something to keep the sharks out.

Stacks: Just a quick question. How many silver coins are you expecting/hoping to find. I only ask this question because you are a noobie and was just wondering what your expectation/hopes are? The answer is not important, just curious.

Most of what I see on ebay goes way over 15% over spot, even for totally trashed 90% silver with no numismatic value. I doubt you'd get a coin shop to give you that much. Best to shop around though!

well here is the very first example I looked at sold just now (there are many more)

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Canadian-Can...an_Coins&hash=item2a30466c84&autorefresh=true

12 quarters, 3 dollars face. spot right now would put them at 43.27.
They sold for 46.oo, - Ebay & PP fees 6.90 = 39.10
Any REPUTABLE dealer would have paid 39.00

so if a half hour of your time for listing, packaging, and going to the post office is worth .10 cents, then yeah EBay is great

BTW you could buy those same coins from the same REPUTABLE dealer for the same 46.00 bucks, no bidding, no waiting.

Not really sure. i have found 1 so far but my mom and dad have a half a quart jar full from years of working the family grocery store. i am hoping and asking questions. :D

Back
Top Bottom