Where are all the season wrap up posts?

Dewsweeper894

Elite Member
I am still in denial and not willing to let go of 2018.
I keep hoping I get a chance to hunt a little even though my dirt is frozen .

This is the time of year I look forward to all the season wrap up photos and layouts .
What's the hold up gang .
Don't be afraid to show off .
We all know how humbling this hobbie can be . The goods are hard to find and we all know how lucky we are to find most of the good stuff we save.

No need to post them here but especially the guys up north.
Show off a little đź‘Ť
, Dew

Attachments

• IMG_1844.jpg
    IMG_1844.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 172
This was one TOUGH year for poor old Mud! My Job took a krap, We sold the house, had to move, all sorts of bullcrappery going on...The major Highlight was going up into the UP of Michigan and hunting with a Forum friend, and finding float copper, silver coins and yooperlites!.....That saved the season and made 2018 a wonderful memory!...

Yeah I busted the normal take of clad and cans and clothes and silver and gold..but in comparison to finding a new Friend and float copper and yooperlites? Digger please!..Mega success! :laughing:

Attachments

• upnorthpam-1.jpg
    upnorthpam-1.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 221
  • yooper lite-1.jpg
    yooper lite-1.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 157
  • upnorthpam.jpg
    upnorthpam.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 142
  • upnorthmike-2.jpg
    upnorthmike-2.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 142
This was one TOUGH year for poor old Mud! My Job took a krap, We sold the house, had to move, all sorts of bullcrappery going on...The major Highlight was going up into the UP of Michigan and hunting with a Forum friend, and finding float copper, silver coins and yooperlites!.....That saved the season and made 2018 a wonderful memory!...

Yeah I busted the normal take of clad and cans and clothes and silver and gold..but in comparison to finding a new Friend and float copper and yooperlites? Digger please!..Mega success! :laughing:

Thanks for the response Mud . And the photos add some eye candy to to the room.
I understand what a bumpy year is like and I am thinking that 2019 will be A smoother ride .
Keeping the important things in perspective is priority.
The rest is more of an inconvenience in life than a need.

Sometimes simplification is a blessing and though I fear change a year like
You had can actual do good things to your long term health.
Hang tuff . Something tells me you have made a few employers very rich over the years. I for one am done with it. Tyrants. I stack wood all day now I do not make a lot of money. It kills me to watch the place not live up to its potential but hey. I'm just a stupid wood stacker now .🙂
I'll be awaiting your eventual season wrap up when your good and ready to share .
,Dew

I am not done with the year yet. I still have a few more days of detecting to see if I can scratch a few more dollars in clad out of the dirt/sand.

It was 10 degrees here this morning. It’s 21 now. My season ended a few weeks ago :laughing:

Not done here yet, there's 23 days left in the season still...

Bingo! Only a balmy 49 degees out today!

My signature has my stats but hoping to up those before the year runs out.

My Nox is supposed to arrive Tuesday :D

I’ll for sure post a year in the life of GroundSweeper post once the year runs its course.

Bingo! Only a balmy 49 degees out today!

My signature has my stats but hoping to up those before the year runs out.

My Nox is supposed to arrive Tuesday :D

I’ll for sure post a year in the life of GroundSweeper post once the year runs its course.

Congradulations on the new rig GS !
I'm going to try a little patch of woods today for as long as I can take and hope it's still soft under the leaves.
It's been cold all week . Your so lucky

I’m seriously thinking about taking a thermos of hot water with me tomorrow for the no doubter silver tones that are frozen in time! Ha!:laughing::yes:

Still got three weeks left for my season (I hunt non-stop :lol:). I've completed all my goals for this year, so I don't really know what I'm doing right now :laughing: Weather will warm up to 35ÂşC (95F) later next week so might do some water hunting, have done much of that.

That being said though, I went for a quick hunt down to a local beach today, and found $1, a toy car and this cool rams head silver ring.

Attachments

• IMG_2780.jpg
    IMG_2780.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 109

Definitely was the most fun detecting time of the summer with you and pam . The copper silver yooperlites was a bonus. As for my coin hunting season it didn't start until about the third week of August. A little over 2 months with a new machine(800) Silver 3 halves 22 dimes 6 quarters 1 button 2 rings .. 1 14k earing ..A bunch over other neat finds . To much copper:shock:

Still in denial up here too. Froze solid, but still thinking about investigating some woods. Probably froze there, too, but I won't know until I go. Year end wrap up post will have to wait...

Back
Top Bottom