Introduction

andyo

Hello all, I live in the western suburbs of Chicago. I began detecting last summer and uncovered a new favorite hobby. I initially purchased a Bounty Hunter and then the Garrett Pro Pointer. I began scouring my backyard, digging up everything that gave off a signal. I then tried my in law's yard and promptly found a 1903 Indian head. I was hooked after that.
Since then, I have detected the yards of everyone in my family, along with a couple of permissions from people my wife works with. My "good" finds so far include a silver ring, 3 silver Washingtons, 2 mercs, 3 war nickels, 1 buffalo nickel, 1912 Barber dime, and an assortment of random relics. I upgraded to the AT Pro this past winter and am very pleased with it.
I love this hobby and the historical aspect of it, but I do not know anyone who does it around here. I would love to find some other people in the area to detect with and help me ID some of my finds. I am very interested in trying out a river hunt sometime as well. Both upper branches of the DuPage River and various creeks are close to me. Thank you in advance for any responses!

Welcome to the forum.
I have lived in 10 different suburbs around Chicago, now live in Arkansas Ozarks.
You're going to like it here.

There is nothing better to do after a long hard day to put headphones on and go MD.

Good luck from
"Parts Unknown" NY !

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

Welcome! I'm not anywhere close, but there's a treasure-trove of knowledge on this site. Ask questions, too. you'll get a ton of varied responses.

Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom