Nice end to a bad year

Wom 27

Elite Member
This has to be my worst year ever. A few nice finds takes a little of the edge off..No dates but I'll take them image.jpg

Better than a stick in the eye..:laughing: Seriously though, I can almost see a date on the bottom of that coin. Try a flashlight on the edge in the dark...

Hey, any coins are better than pull-tabs :lol:

Those dates are hard to clarify, I tried some software enhancing that might have helped some but still hard to tell the date even on the better coin.
coins_worn1a.jpgcoins_worn1b.jpgcoins_worn1c.jpgcoins_worn2a.jpg

If SLQ and multiple LC's are a bad year........ You have it great. By my standards.

Everyone talks about putting their detectors up for the winter. There are usually some nice days later. A few years ago I finished the year with my best finds of the year. On December 31st I found a gold class ring (The only one I have ever found) and after that walking to my car I got a dime reading. I decided to dig one one coin for the year and Found a Mercury dime.

Everyone talks about putting their detectors up for the winter. There are usually some nice days later. A few years ago I finished the year with my best finds of the year. On December 31st I found a gold class ring (The only one I have ever found) and after that walking to my car I got a dime reading. I decided to dig one one coin for the year and Found a Mercury dime.
You are right about that. Few years back here in Michigan on Christmas Eve temp was in the 60’s, jet skiers on the lake I was hunting!

Nice finds Wom -

I'm finished for the year too but if we get a REALLY warm day or two you can bet I'll be back out. :yes:

I'm finished for the year too but if we get a REALLY warm day or two you can bet I'll be back out. :yes:

The weather here has turned cold again so it may be a week or two before I get another chance to get out. Yesterday wasn't too bad so a friend and I got in another hunt. He found a silver Rosy and I found a silver/14k ring. I wouldn't have if I had put my detector up for the winter,
S&G 3.JPG

would be a great year for hunting here in Metro Atlanta. All the good old parks are in the Ghettos. In north Atlanta, oldest parks are about late 1970's. Was farm land before that and poor farmers at that.

So congrats on the finds.

Back
Top Bottom