Restrictive signs and a hunt

diggin4clad

Elite Member
We traveled I-95 in Connecticut to get to our hunt site and as I pulled in to a parking spot at the rest stop to make a pit stop I noticed some signs that have recently been placed there. Parking restrictions at a rest stop !!!!!! Good thing I wasn't alone and driving a gas guzzling jalopy or I'd have had to park in the far reaches of the parking lot. What next? Do they have people going around checking to see who's parking where? As for the hunt we dug $9.54 in clad including a wheat cent. Nothing silver or old but still a fun hunt in our opinion.

Attachments

• DSCN2341.jpg
    DSCN2341.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 408
  • DSCN2337.jpg
    DSCN2337.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 414
  • DSCN2335.jpg
    DSCN2335.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 401
We traveled I-95 in Connecticut to get to our hunt site and as I pulled in to a parking spot at the rest stop to make a pit stop I noticed some signs that have recently been placed there. Parking restrictions at a rest stop !!!!!! Good thing I wasn't alone and driving a gas guzzling jalopy or I'd have had to park in the far reaches of the parking lot. What next? Do they have people going around checking to see who's parking where? As for the hunt we dug $9.54 in clad including a wheat cent. Nothing silver or old but still a fun hunt in our opinion.

Sad infringement on parking! Too bad we can't just park in any empty non handicap spot.

Good clad haul though!

'Restrictive signs' of any sort frost my biscuit! I make an attempt to violate them on purpose to prove a point! I'm a self anointed Free Ranger! I only got so much time on this Planet, and I aint letting no sign impinging upon where and what I do!....Historical precedence!

Genghis Khan! Ever heard of Him? The guy rambled over about 7 time zones in short order and flat tore it up doing whatever he pleased! Ever heard of a guy named Francisco Pizarro? Same kind of deal! No little sign was gonna stop him! So why is one little sign gonna stop us? I doubt either of them bothered to fill their plug even!

I do like to use my Mother In Laws handicap parking thingy though...sure I gotta walk with a pronounced limp into the Piggly Wiggly for visual effect..or stagger in drunk and drooling and piss my pants, which comes entirely natural to me and is no problem...

I bet Genghis Khan pissed his pants at least once, not out of fear, but out of not caring like I do, he only had so much time, this is a Big Planet.....:laughing:.

You are in Connecticut. I'd think you'd be used to this kind of thing by now.

handicap parking is there for a reason. It often provides clearance for wheel chair ramps needed by the handicapped. just because the space is empty when you get there doesn't mean that someone needing it will won't arrive later.

Think someone needs to getting really offended and sue for discrimination. Would love to see how the courts deal with that.

handicap parking is there for a reason. It often provides clearance for wheel chair ramps needed by the handicapped. just because the space is empty when you get there doesn't mean that someone needing it will won't arrive later.

..If you think about it, the Handicap Parking area should be as far away from the door as possible...keep that prime realestate open for the 'ables' to pop in and pop out quick...more economical and better process flow, good for the economy etc......Plus, nowadays with all these fancy phones and all, a truly Handicapped could simply dial up a number that sends one of the Cart Cowboys out to wheel you on in!

I really dont mind so much though, does not apply to me...being somewhat physically able, I park far away from the door and eyehunt for jewelry and coins on my stroll on in.....its just something I think about sometimes, like whats the deal with all these Handicaps? How come they think they are so special? Want to rub everybody elses nose in it like they own the place during peak hours! Right? Like some sort of bragging even! "Hey look at me! I'm special!":laughing: Just get up and out in the off hours and park where you want should be the idea...

Back
Top Bottom