Swinging in a sling?

Paradux

Eastern Colorado Via West Texas Via Brooklyn New Y
Having a second shoulder surgery..the first one didn't take, and I was not MDing then. It happens to be my right, which I swing with!(Grrrrrrs):mad:
Guess I will have to practice swinging and digging plugs with my left.:yes:
Guess I am becoming a Die hard detector freak! Anyone else have to figure out how to keep going after something like this?

Having a second shoulder surgery..the first one didn't take, and I was not MDing then. It happens to be my right, which I swing with!(Grrrrrrs):mad:
Guess I am becoming a Die hard detector freak! Anyone else have to figure out how to keep going after something like this?
Yep. My right arm COLLAPSED while using a CZ-5 for nearly 6 hours straight. I learned to detect left-handed for about 6 months while it healed. You think it would be easy, but you have to practice overlapping at first-in other words start all over again. At first you will start swinging with just the arm, but after a while you'll learn to sway the body and let IT help move the arms. I did have an advantage in that I could pop out coins with my right hand.

My wife is somewhat handicapped. Trying to rig something up for her to ease the pressure when she swings. Any thoughts?

My wife is somewhat handicapped. Trying to rig something up for her to ease the pressure when she swings. Any thoughts?

When I hurt my arm and was recouping, I took an old computer bag adjustable strap-it had a clip hook on each end. I snapped the first hook on my left back belt loop, ran it over my right shoulder, and snapped the other end to a bungee cord. The bungee cord was flexible enough to give on the sweeps to allow for the extended sweep. How you hook up the other end of the bungee allows for creativity, from wrapping it around the handle and clipping it with the clip end or to to some sort of clamp. The adjustable strap allows for adjustments and can be found on a lot of different carry bags. And it was really nice swingin'.

In June I tore a tendon from my left Elbow, I am left handed. In August I had surgery and September I started MDing. I still can not dig or swing with my left arm for long. I had to learn to do everything with my right arm. It sucks but you can do it. I carry my digger in my left but set my detector down to dig everything. My grip in my right hand is 160lbs my left started at 40 but is now up to 70lbs.

Back
Top Bottom