Got Silver And White Gold Today.....Made A "Lure Ring" Too

John-Edmonton

Elite Member

It was cold! Frost on the windshield this morning. I subbed chest waders for a wet suit. Glad I did....water was cold and there was a strong south wind. The MAX is such a pleasure to use in true all metal mode. ground balance it, swing it and wait for the beeps. Low 20's are bobby pins. 40's read aluminum foil, bouncing signals 40-60-80 are bottle caps, smooth 50's in all directions gets gold, signals in the 80's to 90's get silver. Deep whispers are always a trump card. You just never know what will pop out.

Here are the rings.....I got more rings today from this old beach then I got in the previous 2 years! The extra depth on the MAX is really paying off for me. I dug up a couple of fishing lures, and made a ring out of the one with the nice designs on it. It turned out kind of FUNKY!

I was pulling old bottle caps with the cork on the back, and some had a small round aluminum disk still attached to the cork. It makes them sound like a coin.They are posted below. I included my oldest coin.

Attachments

• p9.jpg
    p9.jpg
    169.8 KB · Views: 204
Cool Stuff! I hadn't considered the value-add of using the Max in a freshwater environment for the depth. Very nice.

I'm totally a shallow-hunter, but I'm sure at somepoint, someday, I'm gonna be "Sure glad I bought this max."

Just need to figure out when to buy it. LOL

Skippy

If you only hunt shallow water, the wireless headphones are a bonus. Don't be afraid to venture out further in the water. That's where more rings and less trash are.

I would guess that Sick's cap at 1950 or earlier. I believe Sick's became Rainier. The cork with aluminum disc caps are approximately that era. Great condition!

Back
Top Bottom