Finished my hookah

Steve,

You said you were taking diving lessons. Did you show your setup to your instructor?

Personally I think you are taking a risk that just doesn't need to be taken. NO GOLD is WORTH A LIFE.

Putting the hookah hose on a snorkel is so stupid on so many levels it isn't funny. Even with a regulator you are buying you now need to figure out what connections you will have to put on the hookah hose to attach the regulator. Also scuba regulators are set to handle 300psi pressure. I am positive your hookah will not put out 300psi's of air. So are you getting a hookah second stage regulator?

Do you have a wet suit. Being underwater in even warmer water for a long time will get you cold. Do you have weights? Do you know how to clear a mask if your mask strap breaks? Do you know how to clear it underwater if it floods?

WHY risk your life for a lousy bunch of gold? What will you do if your compressor stops dead? Will you have enough air to come up?

They make QUALITY hookah's for a reason. So you can DIVE SAFELY. I told you and others my opinion. I am done trying to reason with your decisions.

I will congratulate you when and if you find some finds with it but will not bring up my concerns again. WATER KILLS. One of my best friends and two acquaintances have died while detecting and WADING.

Diving is DANGEROUS. Sure people do it all the time. This is not an attack, it is a major concern for ANYBODY wanting to dive for deeper gold. I am not trying to do anything but help. If I come across strong I apologize. I just want people to stay safe and love life.

Steve,

You said you were taking diving lessons. Did you show your setup to your instructor?

Personally I think you are taking a risk that just doesn't need to be taken. NO GOLD is WORTH A LIFE.

Putting the hookah hose on a snorkel is so stupid on so many levels it isn't funny. Even with a regulator you are buying you now need to figure out what connections you will have to put on the hookah hose to attach the regulator. Also scuba regulators are set to handle 300psi pressure. I am positive your hookah will not put out 300psi's of air. So are you getting a hookah second stage regulator?

Do you have a wet suit. Being underwater in even warmer water for a long time will get you cold. Do you have weights? Do you know how to clear a mask if your mask strap breaks? Do you know how to clear it underwater if it floods?

WHY risk your life for a lousy bunch of gold? What will you do if your compressor stops dead? Will you have enough air to come up?

They make QUALITY hookah's for a reason. So you can DIVE SAFELY. I told you and others my opinion. I am done trying to reason with your decisions.

I will congratulate you when and if you find some finds with it but will not bring up my concerns again. WATER KILLS. One of my best friends and two acquaintances have died while detecting and WADING.

Diving is DANGEROUS. Sure people do it all the time. This is not an attack, it is a major concern for ANYBODY wanting to dive for deeper gold. I am not trying to do anything but help. If I come across strong I apologize. I just want people to stay safe and love life.
Thanks scuba. Still far away from actually taking it in the water. Bought a 2nd stage hookah regulator. Don't know if or how well it will work until I get it. If I eventually do get it in the water it will only be used in water depth that most others would snorkel in or like to hunt chin deep. I've also arranged for a guy to sit and spot me. ... but still far from that stage. If it ends up being more trouble than it's worth I will just do what I've always done.. wetsuit or waders.

do yourself a favor and trash that setup. you are going to get yourself killed trying to use that under water. There is a reason hookah and scuba equipment costs what it does.

this compressor doesnt put out enough volume to adequately breath from. It doesn't put out enough pressure to work a regulator. It barely worked sitting in your living room. Take it down a few feet under water and its going to get a LOT worse.

if it is forced air, you will be able to tell when the air shuts off, which is different than scuba. I would suggest having someone disconnect your battery terminal while you are in the pool so you can see what it will be like to lose air.
I would also state that you will probably need a weight belt and to get very familiar with unbuckling while you are out of air. Being able to remain calm and knowing your steps to safety is the most vital part of this. The more you practice, the better you will be when the time comes. Your life does depend on it.

Back
Top Bottom