Checking the waterproofing on an ATP

garret_21

I bought a used ATP today and wanted to see if you guys had any "routines" that you do before you take in for a swim...I don't plan on submersing the machine at the beach but I would like to make sure I am safe if it does get wet.

Just make sure you have your headphones and coil seated really well and make sure the O-Ring is lubed up and grit free. I use just a little bit of dialectic grease directly on the O-Ring.

Aside from that you can check the coil,housing and faceplate really well for any cracks that may have gone through the plastic all the way. If you have a coil protector on it, excellent, but if not, it's ok. I don't use one ever. Actually, it's not OK per say, but it is. They are like $12 maybe? You will find that in 3 days. It's an expensive fix for something easily avoided.

Give Garrett a call and see if it is in or out of warranty. They will have no problem looking it up for you.

That's the best I've got for ya. Best you can do is dunk it and hope for the best.

Just make sure everything is properly attatched and fully seated. A tad extra silicone grease is good but I would imagine you can overdo that , if a little is good....a lot is not always better. Aside from that , there really isnt much more you can do but put it in the water. After the initial dunk under your confidence will rise to the point where you realize there was no need to worry about it. Ive had mine a couple feet under for long periods of time without any issues , though that very first time I was concerned too. They very rarely leak before the warranty is up anyway :lol:

Back
Top Bottom