Larger Coil

SWKDigger

Elite Member
I posted this in the Bounty Hunter group but I'm finding it difficult to find a pulse, I'm afraid the group may be dead...

Anyway, I'm swinging a QDII and I was wondering if anyone here had tried a 10" or 10.25" coil on this machine or a similar Bounty Hunter and what your depth results are.

I am probably going to upgrade to a different detector, most likely like the AT Pro but I will still keep my QDII as a backup or loaner so purchasing the coil wouldn't necessarily be be a waste. I don't want to spend the money if it isn't going to yield some depth results though.

Thanks for your input.

Not a huge increase in depth-better coverage however.

And frankly I'd save the $ towards the AT.

Stock 8" is a good coil for that machine. IMHO that series of BH's is a slow response machine & larger coils confuse it. If you don't have the 4" however-you should get that 1st. Its a great coil & really helps the machine in response time & accuracy. Depth is darn good also.

As long as I'm on the subject-a Tracker IV based unit does well with the larger coil as it has a much faster response. But the killer coil for that machine is the old grey Tek / Bounty Hunter coil. But that coil does not work well on other modern BH units.

Thanks for the input. I have the 4" sniper and really have liked it. I have several places that are quite large open areas and thought the increased size might increase my coverage area, but if there isn't any depth increase (or if it confuses the machine) then not worth it.

FWIW, I have really liked the BH. Albeit, it is the only machine I have really used but it paid for itself in a very short time.

Back
Top Bottom