best fresh water detector

The most affordable freshwater machine that will go deeper than 10ft is a Fisher 1280X Aquanaut. They are good to over 200ft, and last forever, so there are often units available for under $400. I gave $250 for mine, and it paid for itself the first week that I had it.

I will give my nod to the Tesoro Tiger Shark as that and the AT Pro are what I have used. Not knocking the Fisher, just don't have experience with it.

best or cheapest? I have a feeling there is a difference in that question. I just bought a Excalibur II knowing I will be hunting salt water once in a while. I just took it up to lake Tahoe SCUBA diving this past weekend and found some very deep targets including a super deep 1920's pocket watch, 1912s wheat at what had to be over 12". SO I have to say it is a fabulous fresh water machine too. Then when I was doing my search for a underwater machine I had many suggest the cz21 fisher saying it was a great and deep machine..

best or cheapest? I have a feeling there is a difference in that question. I just bought a Excalibur II knowing I will be hunting salt water once in a while. I just took it up to lake Tahoe SCUBA diving this past weekend and found some very deep targets including a super deep 1920's pocket watch, 1912s wheat at what had to be over 12". SO I have to say it is a fabulous fresh water machine too. Then when I was doing my search for a underwater machine I had many suggest the cz21 fisher saying it was a great and deep machine..

I own and use a CZ21 and an Excalibur. My Excalibur is deeper. But I'm hunting saltwater where it really fires targets up. CZ21 is simple tones. Excalibur doesn't like to be bumped around. So not something you want sliding around in the back of a truck or boat. Both top notch machines.

I have a CZ-20, CTX-3030, Surfmaster II, Detectorpro Wader and a Tesoro Stingray II.

The Stingray II is my favorite to use. Sensitive to small gold and goes pretty deep, easy to use and setup. Rated to 200 feet. It also has the old style connector, making it easy to switch between coils (just can't find coils for it..lol).

Back
Top Bottom