Insulted By mother-in-law

Robm1093

I showed My mother-in-law my finds and detector. She Seed Rob, please your not 75 your not old... I tried to explain its for all ages but she just repeated your not 75....:mad::laughing:

:laughing: Isn't that what mother in laws are supposed to do? Don't worry, if it wasn't the MDing I'm sure it would of been something else.

I don't even have one family member that even knows why we detect.
My friends have no interest ..oh well their loss.

75 ???? .....you need to show her pics of kids detecting as young as 5 :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Here's a pic you can show her :lol:

md_kids.jpg

Mother in laws will generally insult you for one reason or another. how old is she? get her some gear and get her out swinging!

I have a friend that is pretty strange, he saw me metal detecting the other day and stopped to talk. " Boy that's a pretty weird thing to be doing" he says! LOL!

Mother in laws will generally insult you for one reason or another. how old is she? get her some gear and get her out swinging!

ahhhhh what kind of swinging:lol: is the gear black leather:lol: just kidding

My mother in law, she's 84.

She helps me dig some times.

She when she is digging, she would say, David reckon the detector is lying to us.lol

Now, using the Etrac or CTX I would tell her, I don't think so.

And sure enough pop goes the weasel, a coin.

Now I have had her help me using Deus.
She doesn't like that one.
She says it lies too much!! Lol

You know what?
She's right.

She when she is digging, she would say, David reckon the detector is lying to us.lol

You know what?
She's right.

She sounds wonderfull your blessed.

You know what?
She's right.
:laughing: that's good stuff! Happy holidays FMDF!

haha. I never realized the "stigma" that md'ing has in some people's minds. Until my wife and I got ready to move into the new house we were buying. It was built in 1963-ish. I mentioned that I was going to metal detect our own yard. The first words out of her mouth was: "What if someone sees you?" :wow: As if .... it's such a social stigma oddity, ... that the neighbors might think we're weird or something ? :?::?::lol:

The first words out of her mouth was: "What if someone sees you?" :wow: As if .... it's such a social stigma oddity, ... that the neighbors might think we're weird or something ? :?::?::lol:

LOL she wants them to at least meet you face to face before they find out how weird you are!

Like a person sitting for hours with a fishing pole is not "strange"..

Maybe not so much back in the day,,folks fished for food for survival.
Today not so much.

What about knitting??
Oh, this is not done usually in the public's eye is it?!

Whatever floats one's boat I say, as long as legal.

Like a person sitting for hours with a fishing pole is not "strange"..

Maybe not so much back in the day,,folks fished for food for survival.
Today not so much.

What about knitting??
Oh, this is not done usually in the public's eye is it?!

Whatever floats one's boat I say, as long as legal.

Hey, you got me thinking, when you really think about it, if you tried to explain the game of "golf" to someone who never heard of it (well, you use a stick to hit a tiny white ball into a tiny hole and whoever does it in the least amount of tries wins") ........they might think "what a strange game !" :laughing::laughing::laughing:

animated-golf-image-0005.gif ________________ animated-golf-image-0062.gif ________________ animated-golf-image-0012.gif

I showed My mother-in-law my finds and detector. She Seed Rob, please your not 75 your not old... I tried to explain its for all ages but she just repeated your not 75....:mad::laughing:

That's the response I get from just about everyone that knows I detect. I'm not sure why...I try to explain the interest in history and the excitement of finding something that hasn't been seen or touched in decades, but they still don't get it. That's quite alright with me. I don't do it for anyone except myself. Great hobby and I'm glad I found it.

Hey, you got me thinking, when you really think about it, if you tried to explain the game of "golf" to someone who never heard of it (well, you use a stick to hit a tiny white ball into a tiny hole and whoever does it in the least amount of tries wins") ........they might think "what a strange game !" :laughing::laughing::laughing:

View attachment 402672 ________________ View attachment 402673 ________________ View attachment 402674

Strange also if your interest is owning a dog... can you imagine a Martian spaceship looks down see's me walking my dog with pooper scooper...he would say move on no intelligent life on planet.

When subject A appearing could be a little intelligent follows subject B dumb dog to clean up.:lol: the human brian is still evolving they would mutter under thier or is it their breath and zoooom away.

Or riding like Superman with only a salt field under the rubber.

Attachments

• rolliefree1.jpg
    rolliefree1.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 337
  • x.jpg
    x.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 341
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom