Silver and wheats in the southland...

Happa54

Forum Supporter
Hey everyone;

Went out with Jason and Dan yesterday.

They killed it again but they were kind enough to leave me some of their leftovers.

Nonetheless, I was happy by the end of the day.

1934 GW, 1942 & 1945 Merc, baseball token and a dozen wheats.

Thanks for stopping in.

Attachments

• 2-Jan21.2018.jpg
    2-Jan21.2018.jpg
    166.1 KB · Views: 473
It was a fun day, congrats on your finds buddy! Still hard to believe that 17 silver coins came out of that park between the three of us yesterday!

Thanx for the southern CA report. Fun to hear about the duels between all you turf enthusiasts.

So Kurt...how about that etrac?? Yes? No? Maybe? You sure are doing well with the Safari! It has more to do with the FBS than with what the FBS is in,IMO. It’s really nice to be 2 dimensional though...:grin:
Props on a silver sucking day to you all! Keep it coming!

Awesome finds!

Nice job on the silvers and the rest!

Nice coins!

Nice Hunt !!! Congrats on the silver, wheats and token.

It was a fun day, congrats on your finds buddy! Still hard to believe that 17 silver coins came out of that park between the three of us yesterday!

Yes great fun Jason. And don't forget the 66 wheaties, and your 1891 seated, and the rings, etc

Congrats on the sweet silver .
I would take a hunt like that any day .
Great hunt!
, Dew

A real nice haul !

Thanx for the southern CA report. Fun to hear about the duels between all you turf enthusiasts.

Thanks everyone for stopping in and leaving your positive comments.

So Kurt...how about that etrac?? Yes? No? Maybe? You sure are doing well with the Safari! It has more to do with the FBS than with what the FBS is in,IMO. It’s really nice to be 2 dimensional though...:grin:
Props on a silver sucking day to you all! Keep it coming!

Thnx for stopping in Kevin. I'm gonna wait on the Etrac til I start reading reports on the Equinox 800. I don't want to be stuck with 3 detectors.

The Safari is no slouch. It's what I call the little brat brother to the Etrac and Explorer. It comes from the same FBS gene pool and is an aggressive machine. Thus far, I hear what Jason and Dan are hearing on their machines at the same depths, etc. My Safari lacks the numerous settings they have and I also have to deal with my processor's "brain freeze" trying to cycle through all those targets. It forces me to rely on signals instead of TID's.

The other day, between the three of us we pulled out 17 silvers, 66 wheats, several rings and a bunch of clad...in a pounded park. I ended the day with 3 silvers and 12 wheats...so you can see who's taking all the coins.

Jason and Dan are masters of the deep iffy signal. Their ears tell them what the mix is under the soil. Signals I mentally reject they dig and pop out the good stuff. They are incredibly amazing detectorists.

.... Jason and Dan are masters of the deep iffy signal. Their ears tell them what the mix is under the soil. Signals I mentally reject they dig and pop out the good stuff. They are incredibly amazing detectorists.

Wrong. Jason and Dan are robots. (how else can we explain their super human abilities ?? ) Therefore their show & tell doesn't count. After all, it's not fair to compare robots to humans, for skill tests such as this.

Hey everyone;

Went out with Jason and Dan yesterday.

They killed it again but they were kind enough to leave me some of their leftovers.

Nonetheless, I was happy by the end of the day.

1934 GW, 1942 & 1945 Merc, baseball token and a dozen wheats.

Thanks for stopping in.

Great day!! Way to go....

Thnx for stopping in Kevin. I'm gonna wait on the Etrac til I start reading reports on the Equinox 800. I don't want to be stuck with 3 detectors.

The Safari is no slouch. It's what I call the little brat brother to the Etrac and Explorer. It comes from the same FBS gene pool and is an aggressive machine. Thus far, I hear what Jason and Dan are hearing on their machines at the same depths, etc. My Safari lacks the numerous settings they have and I also have to deal with my processor's "brain freeze" trying to cycle through all those targets. It forces me to rely on signals instead of TID's.

The other day, between the three of us we pulled out 17 silvers, 66 wheats, several rings and a bunch of clad...in a pounded park. I ended the day with 3 silvers and 12 wheats...so you can see who's taking all the coins.

Jason and Dan are masters of the deep iffy signal. Their ears tell them what the mix is under the soil. Signals I mentally reject they dig and pop out the good stuff. They are incredibly amazing detectorists.

I would love for someone to be able to video one of your hunts with these guys to show through audio what that “deep iffy” sounds like,and how that signal might differ from others interpretation of “iffy”. I saw some videos of people digging “iffy” signals and they were things I would’ve dug EVERY day,ALL day. Anyone there up to the task?:grin:

I would love for someone to be able to video one of your hunts with these guys to show through audio what that “deep iffy” sounds like,and how that signal might differ from others interpretation of “iffy”. I saw some videos of people digging “iffy” signals and they were things I would’ve dug EVERY day,ALL day. Anyone there up to the task?:grin:

BINGO to this IDX-monster ! Since these So. CA guys are using Explorers (of various generations). And since explorers are SSeeeooo tone-specific (sounds like a flock of sick geese), it would be great if they could film some of the sounds they'd chase. Versus those that they'd pass.

I know Jayson (one of their crew, currently living in San Francisco) did some great videos capturing that very objective. That was a few years ago, but you can maybe find them. He would purposefully compare signals of all sorts, give a little narrative of analysis. Then hone in on one that sounds like a deep wheatie or silver. Show the isolating of the tone, etc...

But most videos md'rs are making, are not necessarily done for purposes of catching slight nuances of audio. For most hunting (fields, beach, relicky, etc...) it's not a big issue. But for deep turf , where a GREAT deal of cherry picking is involved, it's an over-due need. To get some more videos where this fun strategy/skill is shown.

Good topic !

Back
Top Bottom