Going wireless!

NoxDude

Elite Member
Hey guys

I decided to purchase rhe Garrett z link setup for my atpro.

I got the wireless headphones. No cables. My question is, do you like them? Is there delay time? Worth the price? I should get it next week.

Atpro dude

Hey guys

I decided to purchase rhe Garrett z link setup for my atpro.

I got the wireless headphones. No cables. My question is, do you like them? Is there delay time? Worth the price? I should get it next week.

Atpro dude

Man I think you made a great decision! I don’t have that specific product but wireless is AWESOME! I think if Garrett knew what you contributed in time regarding their product and the amazing clad totals in multiple years, they would probably gift you a set. But I know you are not waiting on a handout; you won’t be sorry. And I can imagine the speed of retrieving may help your totals. Like you need it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought a Z link and I'm using it on my ETRAC and Tesoros. The Z link works perfect, no delay and half the price of most others on the market.

Buy one Z link and use it on every detector you have that has a headphone jack.

Garrett has a real winner here, Thank you Garrett.

Garrett has a real winner with the Z link, bought one and use it on all my detectors. No problems at all!

You know those Grey Ghost NDT phones? I'm wondering, is there an attachment that can make them go wireless? Should be easy right? Since the cord quick disconnects from the headphones, a guy would think he could plug in the receiver to that fitting, maybe with a short wire so to carry it in his shirt pocket or on top of the head strap? Then, plug in the sending unit into an existing rigs phone jack hole?

That would be a money maker option for everybody running the GG NDT's,....If for some reason, the wireless set up takes a dump, or the batts die in a hunt... you just plug your stock headphone cable back in...Whatcha think?

You know those Grey Ghost NDT phones? I'm wondering, is there an attachment that can make them go wireless? Should be easy right? Since the cord quick disconnects from the headphones, a guy would think he could plug in the receiver to that fitting, maybe with a short wire so to carry it in his shirt pocket or on top of the head strap? Then, plug in the sending unit into an existing rigs phone jack hole?

That would be a money maker option for everybody running the GG NDT's,....If for some reason, the wireless set up takes a dump, or the batts die in a hunt... you just plug your stock headphone cable back in...Whatcha think?

Let me know if you want to make it happen I’m sure I could make that cord for you. It would just be a matter of sourcing the connector for the headphones but I’m sure a place like digikey has them. My ctx has the wireless wm10 module and I built my own waterproof headphones. I made a straight cord which is way less weight then the coiled cord for when I’m running wireless. Like you said though I have a coiled water proof cord so if the wm10 goes dead I can hunt still just plugged into the ctx.

Let me know if you want to make it happen I’m sure I could make that cord for you. It would just be a matter of sourcing the connector for the headphones but I’m sure a place like digikey has them. My ctx has the wireless wm10 module and I built my own waterproof headphones. I made a straight cord which is way less weight then the coiled cord for when I’m running wireless. Like you said though I have a coiled water proof cord so if the wm10 goes dead I can hunt still just plugged into the ctx.

Pretty simple and a hell of an idea right? I figured the guy making the NDTs would have thought about offering this as an option by now?
When I bought mine, it came with 2 cables, on one, I cut and soldered on the AtPro jack, did the internal shaft cable mod like STP did....and the other I use straight in my F70...Its really cool, I could use the same phones on the different rigs simply by utilizing the headphone quick disconnect feature, quick and easy, and not dinking around with the AtPro plug...plus, I can unplug those phones completely and use them as hearing protectors for shooting or odd high decible jobs around the house...its been a good multipurpose set up...

I also bought an extra cable...it would be so easy to take that other cable, and use its junctions to create this wireless NDT option...:?:

In fact, a guy could use this modular NDT option concept for a whole plethora of other audio gear...parabolic ear, those Magic Ear sound enhancers Hunters use, watching TV at night while somebody else is trying to sleep? radio,...Hell...just plug the appropriate device into the existing NDT phones?

Attachments

• gear2.jpg
    gear2.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 340
Last edited:
Man I think you made a great decision! I don’t have that specific product but wireless is AWESOME! I think if Garrett knew what you contributed in time regarding their product and the amazing clad totals in multiple years, they would probably gift you a set. But I know you are not waiting on a handout; you won’t be sorry. And I can imagine the speed of retrieving may help your totals. Like you need it!

I contacted Garrett a few days ago about my mega clad over the years. I sent over pictures of all of my years hunting for clad and showcasing them. I am hoping they consider me for a prize contest they have every month. At least in the news letter they come out with. Yeah, I would LOVE to win their z link!! I don't think a patch will cover it this time! LOL.

atpro dude

Garrett has a real winner with the Z link, bought one and use it on all my detectors. No problems at all!

Great!! Did you go with the complete wireless? I know they have the wireless head phones and also the head phones that plug into the receiver around your waist? I like to use my blue tooth ear piece that is connected to my phone to list to music also. Are the wireless head phones blue tooth?

atpro dude

Pretty simple and a hell of an idea right? I figured the guy making the NDTs would have thought about offering this as an option by now?
When I bought mine, it came with 2 cables, on one, I cut and soldered on the AtPro jack, did the internal shaft cable mod like STP did....and the other I use straight in my F70...Its really cool, I could use the same phones on the different rigs simply by utilizing the headphone quick disconnect feature, quick and easy, and not dinking around with the AtPro plug...plus, I can unplug those phones completely and use them as hearing protectors for shooting or odd high decible jobs around the house...its been a good multipurpose set up...

I also bought an extra cable...it would be so easy to take that other cable, and use its junctions to create this wireless NDT option...:?:

In fact, a guy could use this modular NDT option concept for a whole plethora of other audio gear...parabolic ear, those Magic Ear sound enhancers Hunters use, watching TV at night while somebody else is trying to sleep? radio,...Hell...just plug the appropriate device into the existing NDT phones?

That’s exactly why I built mine with a connector at the head phones. Now I can just make a different cord for what ever I want with any wiring configuration I want. I had the headphone mounted connector but I found I didn’t like the stiff connection on the head phones. I found looking certian ways the solid connection hit my shoulder. I have the female cord connector ordered and it should be here tomorrow. I will just drop a couple inches of cord out then put the female on it.

Got my wireless headphones today!!!!!

Boy, are they nice! I have not tried yet. I am inchin to get out there and try them! Found 7 dollars and some change today. Not bad. Still trying to find that GOLD!

atpro dude

Back
Top Bottom