Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Quality Metal Detectors
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Metal Detecting > Coinshooters and Relic Hunters

Old 08-13-2022, 02:47 PM
Elite Member

Default Four Recent Hunts

Due to the hot humid weather my hunts have been down lately, consisting of only four hunts since the end of June. Hunt time was only eight hours and fifteen minutes combined. The hunts did at least produce a decent total of clad........113 coins with a face value of $15.85. Twenty pennies, 9 nickels, 38 dimes, and 46 quarters. The soil has been bone dry for a long time now and is like powder when digging.
Attached Images

Old 08-13-2022, 06:17 PM
Elite Member

Congrats on the clad D4C. Same here, too hot too dry. Think I got out maybe a half dozen times all summer, and finds have been sparse. Things seem to be cooling off a little down here so you guys are probably getting a break as well. Good luck. Mark

Hunts-64

Old 08-13-2022, 08:00 PM
Supporter

Nice Claddies there D4C! Hot here too with temps in the 90s but no humidity, glad you are still pulling the $$$!

Old 08-13-2022, 08:34 PM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by markinswpa View post
Congrats on the clad D4C. Same here, too hot too dry. Think I got out maybe a half dozen times all summer, and finds have been sparse. Things seem to be cooling off a little down here so you guys are probably getting a break as well. Good luck. Mark
Thanks Mark.....I hit the hunt site today at 6:15 AM and the temperature was a nice cool 59 degrees with very low humidity. We're supposed to have one more day of the good stuff and then it's back to the heat and humidity again but at least I was able to take advantage of today's nice weather. This was only my fourth hunt since the end of June.

Old 08-13-2022, 08:36 PM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by LovestheShiny! View post
Nice Claddies there D4C! Hot here too with temps in the 90s but no humidity, glad you are still pulling the $$$!
Thanks.......We've had day after day of 90's and high humidity for nearly two weeks straight. Today was the first day of cooler temps with low humidity so I was determined to take advantage of it.

Old 08-14-2022, 10:05 AM
Elite Member

Unfortunately, your weather and soil conditions are all too common for many of us this Summer. At least you were able to get out there a few times, congrats!

Old 08-14-2022, 03:43 PM
Elite Member

Smile

Congrats, Ed! That's definitely a good amount of clad.

By the way, it's nice to know there's someone else who takes the time to dig lesser coinage, like pennies. It all goes toward the clad count!

Romans 10:9 & 10
Oldest coin: 1946 Wheat Penny
Ace 250 ~ Harbor Freight 9 Function ~ GP-Pointer

Old 08-14-2022, 08:31 PM

This Summer is the worst I've seen in awhile for dirt digging. Waiting for the Fall myself..

White's DFX
Minelab E-Trac
Garrett Pro Pointer

Old 08-14-2022, 09:42 PM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by Silverhorse65 View post
Unfortunately, your weather and soil conditions are all too common for many of us this Summer. At least you were able to get out there a few times, congrats!
Thanks Silverhorse.....fortunately, the cooler weather is only a few weeks away.
Hopefully some rain will come along with it.

Old 08-14-2022, 09:44 PM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by Princess View post
Congrats, Ed! That's definitely a good amount of clad.

By the way, it's nice to know there's someone else who takes the time to dig lesser coinage, like pennies. It all goes toward the clad count!
Thank you, Princess.....I don't mind digging clad at all. It's all spendable and is put toward buying coins for my collection at the end of the hunt season.

Old 08-14-2022, 09:46 PM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by bmattioli View post
This Summer is the worst I've seen in awhile for dirt digging. Waiting for the Fall myself..
Wake me up in October...... I've had enough of the heat and humidity.

Old 08-15-2022, 05:20 PM
Supporter

That's quite a haul considering this miserable weather, Congrats!

Old 08-16-2022, 11:56 AM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by Ron 71 View post
That's quite a haul considering this miserable weather, Congrats!
Thanks Ron.....I had to get out there at the crack of dawn each time in order to beat the heat. Are you going to the MTHA hunt in October?

Old 08-16-2022, 12:03 PM
Elite Member

My knees hurt just looking at that pile.

Old 08-16-2022, 07:43 PM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by Tom_in_CA View post
My knees hurt just looking at that pile.
At least I didn't bring you pain by digging a bunch of those dreaded East Coast large cents.

Old 08-16-2022, 08:17 PM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by diggin4clad View post
At least I didn't bring you pain by digging a bunch of those dreaded East Coast large cents.
Come to think of it, you're right ! You've betrayed your east coast brethren by daring to post east coast show & tell without LC's and colonial coppers. What's up bro ? Did your sand box fail you this day ? Tsk tsk

Old 08-17-2022, 08:18 AM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by Tom_in_CA View post
Come to think of it, you're right ! You've betrayed your east coast brethren by daring to post east coast show & tell without LC's and colonial coppers. What's up bro ? Did your sand box fail you this day ? Tsk tsk
No failure whatsoever. In an act of continuing generosity I sent each member from California one of my dug Large cents and/or Colonial coppers because I feel so bad that all you guys out there only dig those cheesy looking gold coins. You should have gotten one by now. Or....did you get one and are trying to wrangle another one from me? If you'd like another, just send me $100.00 worth of that junky clad you find out your way PLUS 5,000 Raleigh coupons and I'll be sure to send you another of my old coppers for your display case.

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-19-2022, 06:34 PM
Elite Member

I'd be happy with that for sure, I dont think I've dug 15$ in clad in 2022 To be fair, I'm in the middle of the woods half the time congrats and good luck this fall!

☆Oldest Coin FTY:1731 KG2☆

Old 08-19-2022, 07:44 PM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by cellrdwellr View post
I'd be happy with that for sure, I dont think I've dug 15$ in clad in 2022 To be fair, I'm in the middle of the woods half the time congrats and good luck this fall!
Thanks Jeff, with the price of gas, I've been staying close to home which means I've been hunting spots that I've hit VERY hard over the years.