Looks like my Deus2 is going back for repair/replace

Beachhunt1

Elite Member
Well I thought it was me at first. Yesterday I turned my D2 off with half battery life. Just went to turn it back on, IT IS DEAD, no battery left. :mad::mad:
So it is discharging with the power off. :mad:

Anyone have the contact for XP in the U.S.? FK

Report this immediately to TNSS. He will put you on the fast track.

What I would tell him. Is to charge it up. And note charge levels in meter. Sit it down in OFF condition for 24 hours. Then see if device is still charged and works.
If not. It has a problem.

Not this silly stuff that has been said.

Folks using deus 2.
Be sure to before you go detecting. To look at your charge levels in the various meters of your components to verify your charge levels. If using MI6 pinpointer. Do the same.

Yes well official now. Put my remote away yesterday with 1/2 charge and now dead as a doornail. Will let everyone know how the return goes! :mad:

Sorry to hear this news Dave. I hope it gets straightened out. Maybe it will help XP make Deus 2 even better if it is something other than a bad battery.

They send you a shipping label? At there cost.

They send you a shipping label? At there cost.

No Sir, it will be my cost both ways. They required me to give them my CC numbers before I even sent it in.

I questioned, and their response was: we warranty the unit not the shipping. :mad:

Last edited:
No Sir, it will be my cost both ways. They required me to give them my CC numbers before I even sent it in.

I questioned, and their response was we warranty the unit not the shipping. :mad:

They required a CC number? That's kind of weird enough as it is, but it's even more weird given that the unit is under warranty and the type of issue you have.

Also, I've never had to send a metal detector back for replacement, but from what I've read from others who had warranty work done, they paid to ship it in, but the manufacturer paid to ship it back to them.

Last edited:
They required a CC number? That's kind of weird enough as it is, but it's even more weird given that the unit is under warranty and the type of issue you have.

Also, I've never had to send a metal detector back for replacement, but from what I've read from others who had warranty work done, they paid to ship it in, but the manufacturer paid to ship it back to them.

Whites even paid me back the money i took out on insurance when i shipped.

Yes, every other detector /coil I have sent back the shipping was paid by the company on return. :roll:

Last edited:
Minelab paid my shipping both ways on the Equinox 800 3 years ago. I don't know about now.

Stetam recently sent in a flooded 600 pod that was under warranty. I just asked him about the shipping in the post he started about it.

Well we've got at least some info in regards to warranty shipping for XP, Minelab, and the now gone, Whites.

Since we have no info on Nokta, I asked this question to the members:

For those that have had to get warranty work done on any Nokta product, who paid for shipping? Did you pay for shipping both ways? Did you pay one way, and Nokta paid the other way? Also, did you have to give them credit card information before you shipped?

4 people answered:

They paid to ship it to the service center, and Nokta paid to ship it back to them. No credit card information required.

Stetam recently sent in a flooded 600 pod that was under warranty. I just asked him about the shipping in the post he started about it.

Stetam just answered.

He had to pay to ship the pod to them. Minelab will pay to ship it back.

Well we've got at least some info in regards to warranty shipping for XP, Minelab, and the now gone, Whites.

Since we have no info on Nokta, I asked this question to the members:

4 people answered:

They paid to ship it to the service center, and Nokta paid to ship it back to them. No credit card information required.

Nokta paid for all of the shipping when I had a defective Legend system box that was replaced under warranty and that was shipping to Istanbul.........That replacement system box was badly damaged during shipping back to me. They paid for shipping it back to the US repair center and for Andy to ship me a replacement for the broken replacement.....no credit card number required.

Nokta paid for all of the shipping when I had a defective Legend system box that was replaced under warranty and that was shipping to Istanbul.........That replacement system box was badly damaged during shipping back to me. They paid for shipping it back to the US repair center and for Andy to ship me a replacement for the broken replacement.....no credit card number required.

Well Jeff, this just looks like another cost increase of an already expensive $1,600 detector. XP, should at Minimum be paying freight back.

The Deus 2 manual released early on. So folks before buying could indeed read.
See this link page 49.
About what warranty says about who bears shipping costs.
https://www.xpmetaldetectors.com/uploads/files/document/manual-deus-ii-uk.pdf

Now remember Xp does do warranty covered repairs for 5 years unlike any other manufacturer.

So say a Minelab Equinox model goes bad at the 3 year one month time frame from purchase date.
User has to do what? To get their unit back in commission assuming it has bad control pod.
Pay to ship their old pod in.
And pay right now Minelab $425 approx for new pod.
So if this were the Deus 2, these cost would be lower right?
Assuming it doesn’t cost $425 bucks plus cost to ship EQX pod to ship Deus 2 and or one of it components to Xp service center.

Many times only the defective Deus 2 component has to be shipped. This could cause lower shipping cost versus having to ship the whole unit in.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom