My Deus 2 feedback and commentary, comparison videos, videos, pics

If you put the D2 coil to your head , will you be able to pick out the only gold toofer you have from all the trash in your cranium ? It is a very shallow test.....

Video comparing Deus 1 LF coil using 4khz and 7.8 kHz.
To Deus 2 using both deep high conductor(FMF program) and mono program set to 4 kHz.

Two scenarios.
Nail and clad dime.
Foil and silver dime.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6TzTODRt1Ys

Btw ID unnormalized on Deus 1. The reason for the higher reading on foil and silver dime test using 7.8 kHz.

Would you recommend the 9" coil over the 11" , for hunting 90% of the time in trashy parks?

Yes.
I’ll expound a bit.
Even if we presume Deus 2 performance equaled the rest.
The use of 9” coil would have advantage in some scenarios over say an equally performing unit with 11” coil.
Some models don’t have 9” coils.

Now Deus 2 performance is definitely above average when it comes to VLF models.
So if you add this to the smaller coil, things in the wild can happen.
Might be best one detector model one coil size for more universal detecting I.E. old home sites, areas littered with iron, areas littered with modern trash.
And depth although a bit compromised the 9” coil gains some advantage on shallower and mid depth target unmasking/separation. So there is a trade off. Is it worth it minute for minute sweeping coil? To me it is.
This doesn’t mean 9” coil solves every detecting situation. Eleven inch coil on Deus 2 or even another model could win out. And the same said about an even smaller coil on another model, even the Hf elliptical coil using a Deus 1.

Last edited:
It's funny because both my Legend and Equinox bang that dime hard doing the same test.

Steve

You better maybe have a better look at how big a ball of foil is in video I did.
Monster sized.

Notice both machines of mine with coils shown fail. HUm.

Tnsharpshooter, you’ve got an Etrac too don’t you? I’d love love love more deus 2 vs Etrac comparisons. I’m so on the fence of upgrading

Tnsharpshooter, you’ve got an Etrac too don’t you? I’d love love love more deus 2 vs Etrac comparisons. I’m so on the fence of upgrading

I will show some. I have done a few. Can tell you right now Etrac has to be run in smooth tones or long tones to keep up with so e of what Deus 2 can do. And running these tones (gives me headache).

I’ll see what I can do.

Thanks. I pulled the trigger on a deus 2 yesterday. First hunt out I pulled 9 quarters, 20thousandish zincs and more bottle caps than I have in years, plus 2 costume jewelry peices. Learning curve is steep!

You’ll get there. Machine does have BC reject.
Bet your arm wasn’t sore.

Back
Top Bottom