Any consistent Cortes and or Deleon Users out there?

aaronc

Forum Supporter
All the research I've done online has info on these 2 machines scarce at best,..especially compared to the Vaq and subsequent machines on down the line. Anybody use either one as their main MD? Or any comparisons to other machines in that price range? AT's etc,..?

The Cortez gives you manual ground balancing in all metal mode but uses a preset GB in discrimination mode vs the Deleon which has a preset GB system in both modes.The Deleon has a bigger display screen than the Cortez. I just sold a Deleon earlier this year.If you buy one,I recommend buying used. You will take a beating when you sell them after buying new like I did.They are best suited for mild soil only with the preset GBing feature.I personally think you would do better if you choose a Outlaw or Vaquero or Tejon than a Cortez or Deleon.

All the research I've done online has info on these 2 machines scarce at best,..especially compared to the Vaq and subsequent machines on down the line. Anybody use either one as their main MD? Or any comparisons to other machines in that price range? AT's etc,..?

What type detecting are you planning on doing?

What type detecting are you planning on doing?

I hunt mostly around old homesteads...but it can vary...currently have an AT PRO. I'm leaning toward an F75 Next but do lots of research online..these forums, youtube etc...At some point in time in the future I plan to add some Tesoros to the line also..but I just find it odd that 2 of their top tier detectors have a fraction of the reviews/info posted by users on the net.

I hunt mostly around old homesteads...but it can vary...currently have an AT PRO. I'm leaning toward an F75 Next but do lots of research online..these forums, youtube etc...At some point in time in the future I plan to add some Tesoros to the line also..but I just find it odd that 2 of their top tier detectors have a fraction of the reviews/info posted by users on the net.

For sure buy whatever you feel suits you best. I'd buy another DeLeon in a heartbeat. It was my 1st Tesoro, and ties for being my favorite next to the modded Cibola. I've founds loads of stuff, but we all know location is the key there.

If/when you decide on one (Tesoro), be sure to buy a 5.75" concentric coil as well.

Here's a number of reviews on the D/L.

http://metaldetectorreviews.net/detectors/5-1-tesorodeleon.html

I had the Cortes, but traded it as it just couldn't keep up with my Deus in the iron. But i have since sold the Deus and gotten the Impact and like it much better in heavy iron and non ferrous trash. But i also have the new Mojave and that thing is a beast in iron laden sites, especially for tiny non ferrous objects. I use it after i use all my other machines as a clean up and dig everything besides iron. I think the Cortes is a great machine for mild trash areas and i was able to dig stuff as deep as 8 plus inches even without a GB mode. But my soil is mostly mild. I am not sure you would see a great increase in finds moving from an At Pro to Cortes. If my mojave had an ID system even as good as the Cortes i would probably use it as my main machine, especially for the price.

Back
Top Bottom