Canned spiel?

MichDig

Forum Supporter
Do you guys have a standard pitch you give when asking for permission? If so I'd like to know what to say. I've never had to ask before and am nervous about it.

I did email a realtor once about an old property that was going to be demolished and she blasted my virtual eyebrows off with her refusal. "How dare you, blah blah blah..."

I've been fortunate enough to have access to several private sites that have provided me countless hours of detecting, but I need to branch out.

It's really as simple as introducing yourself, telling them where you live, saying that you metal detect as a HOBBY and asking for permission to metal detect theirs.

9/10 times I get a yes.

WOW... "How dare you?"??!! Must have been the wrong time of the month to ask. The realtors I've talked to have been friendly. One gave me the name of the property owner, who said yes. The other two said they'd ask the property owner and both of those turned out negative. But no one got uppity about it. That's ridiculous.

Yeah, it was pretty ridiculous. She used all caps a lot... With people, you just never know what you're gonna get.

ok, sorry but if it was me I would of called her in a day or so and ask if she could show me one of her listings and then when we met at the property I would have shook her hand and told her I'm the one she was so rude too and told her have a nice day. Then I would of got in my car and left with a big smile on my face. Anyway the way I look at it every property is a no if you do not ask. one yes out of ten is one more then you had. Good luck and HH.

Back
Top Bottom