New York City Permit

RyanChappell

Elite Member
I could not find where this has been posted yet, but this must be the result of the rally's FMDF members were having in NYC. There is an entire page concerning NYC permit application and rules:
http://www.nycgovparks.org/permits/metal-detector

It continues the NY State tradition of not allowing significant items to be found without subjecting them to potential government confiscation, a rule which only encourages lying or that significant items are never found.

My concern is the part at the end requiring that you list any significant finds from the previous year. It makes no sense. Weren't permit holder already required to notify the park service. Will not finding anything significant influence whether you get a permit next year? Hmm. I guess a city with too many people has to have too many rules to go along with them... We are lucky to be allowed the privilege to obtain a permit on lands the people own.?

Maybe next year they can add a regulation banning the use of non rechargeable batteries.
Really, I'm digging down maybe 6 to 10 inches. What do they think I am finding?

Maybe next year they can add a regulation banning the use of non rechargeable batteries.
Really, I'm digging down maybe 6 to 10 inches. What do they think I am finding?

We find them in the water as well :yes:

same rules as last year.... I don't see an issue.

No problem turning over finds to the government? Is a gold ring without any distinguishing marks a significant find? I would not trust the police to return identifiable items.

NYS blows period !!! this is the most god awful state going...I know....people are saying then why do you live there.....I only have a few more years left here....this state has so many rules, regs...etc...its the same at the state parks with the permits...if ever asked I give the same answer ALL the time...nope nothing, just a bunch of trash...

No problem turning over finds to the government?
You think every person turns over every find? I have a bridge to sell you...Cheep!
Is a gold ring without any distinguishing marks a significant find?
The answer to your question can be found in the NY parks department website and permit application. Perhaps if you did some research before harrumph harrumph harrumph, answers may come easier.
I would not trust the police to return identifiable items.
Here I agree with you and that fact depresses me.

Back
Top Bottom