White?s 6000Di PRO SL Calibration??

exciter

Hi all,
just found this forum and thought you guys might help me with my problem here.
i?ve got a White?s 6000Di PRO SL detector.
Bought it in non functional condition, but now it seems to work, but bad...
someone manipulated the onboard pots...like VDI GAIN, VDI CENTER, Signal Balance and so...
There five of these pots.
Want to ask, if someone knows how i can readjust these to factory settings or if someone got pictures of his own 6000DI.
Also have schematic here...own a oscilloscope.

Greetings from germany

steffen

Hey Steffen , greetings from Cincinnati ,OH.
I own a 6000Di pro sl. Sorry to say I have no idea how to calibrate. I would be happy to send you pictures if they will help but I will need a few days to figure out how to use my digital camera( just got it). If you could instruct me on what to focus on it would be helpful because I don't know what pots are. I will try to do this asap.

Guten Tag und viel Gl?ck

Hello arcmaster!
That would be really great :)
You have to remove the back of the whites case to see the potentiometers.

I?ve uploaded pictures:

whites1.jpg

whites2.jpg

Best wishes,
Steffen

Have you contacted Whites to see if they could calibrate it for you? I imagine that would be your best bet, if they can still support it.

Aside from that, I used to be an electronics technician / amateur engineer by trade. I could review the schematics that you have and possibly give you some insight. PM me if you'd like.

I'd definitely suggest going with Whites, if at all possible.

First i want to try it be my self :)
Nice, if you can review the schematic.
I mean i dont have to left hands, but this is just crazy ;)
Ive uploaded the schematic and will pm you the link.

steffen

pics and info

I had trouble getting a close up on the pots. I will try to describe what I saw with the cover off of mine. The pot under the discrim has the arrow pointing at the letter R in BURNS. The first pot under the power has the arrow pointing at the letter S. The second pot under the power has the arrow pointing at the character between the letter S and the number 3. The pot under the volume has the arrow pointing at the letter U. The pot under the sig. bal. on the other side has the arrow pointing at the letter R. All this info is useless if yours has different pots. I hope this will help and sorry I couldn't get better photos.

Attachments

• 6000di pro sl 1.jpg
    6000di pro sl 1.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 3,796
  • 6000di pro sl 2.jpg
    6000di pro sl 2.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 4,204
Whites does not release its schematics to the public. You would be better off sending it in since they have the equipment to do the job.

Hey arcmaster!
thanks for your response :) Got the same pots here.
Meanwhile i got also Pictures from a german guy.
There seems to be no difference between your pots and his, exclude the pot under the Disc. theres a little difference...
tuned it like hobbes_lives said (15V, - to GND 7.5V, + to GND 7.5V)
So i guess it should work all okay now :spin:
Will try it today.

Best wishes,
Steffen

They are available though...

Whites does not release its schematics to the public. You would be better off sending it in since they have the equipment to do the job.

Just go to a free patents website and put in the number, I found the schematic for the Pro XL on there. (for multi-tone mod)

Back
Top Bottom