3rd silver coin is a dandy

pa-searcher

After working 10 hrs.and getting home around 5:15 I didn't have time to mess around and with the weatherman calling for snow and colder temps,I just had to get out. I went to the site that I have been digging indian pennys by the dozen the past few years in hopes of maybe digging one more that would give me a dozen from here this year.I used my White's coinmaster pro instead of my XP that is in need of charging,but this machine has treated me very well over the past 5 years.I was able to be there for 45 min. and had 3 good signals.The first 2 I dug were pieces of harmonica reeds and the 3rd was and still has me shaking my head ,this 1903 barber quarter.The area this coin came from is quite damp and that could explain why the last 2 2cent pieces were so rotted.This quarter is so UGLY that its a beauty to me.

Attachments

• 3-8-17.jpg
    3-8-17.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 343
  • 3-8-17 rev0002.jpg
    3-8-17 rev0002.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 345
After working 10 hrs.and getting home around 5:15 I didn't have time to mess around and with the weatherman calling for snow and colder temps,I just had to get out. I went to the site that I have been digging indian pennys by the dozen the past few years in hopes of maybe digging one more that would give me a dozen from here this year.I used my White's coinmaster pro instead of my XP that is in need of charging,but this machine has treated me very well over the past 5 years.I was able to be there for 45 min. and had 3 good signals.The first 2 I dug were pieces of harmonica reeds and the 3rd was and still has me shaking my head ,this 1903 barber quarter.The area this coin came from is quite damp and that could explain why the last 2 2cent pieces were so rotted.This quarter is so UGLY that its a beauty to me.

SAWEEEET!!! Congrats, PA!

Even the ugliest Barber Quarter is better than clad.:D Glad you were able to get out before the bad weather sets in. Congratulations !!

Back
Top Bottom