Perfect Attendance?

ScubaDetective

In Memory Of
Forum Supporter
It got warm today so I decided to play at a couple of school yards. The ground is frozen after a few inches but I thought I could at least find something in the pea gravel and wood chips.

I did and even though it was all newer clad it was nice to get out. My granddaughter goes to this elementary school and a few weeks ago she was given one of these dollar coins for perfect attendance. This one was probably given to another student that wasn't able to hold onto it.

1 1.00 coin, 14 quarters, 11 dimes 2 nickles and 7 pennies were my awesome finds for today. A far cry from what I am used to but it is still something.

Do you ask for permission from the school? Just curious to know. My step son is still in school, so once I have my detector, I'd like to know how to go about searching particular places. Under the football bleachers will be my first stop at the school if I'm able to hunt there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Do you ask for permission from the school? Just curious to know. My step son is still in school, so once I have my detector, I'd like to know how to go about searching particular places. Under the football bleachers will be my first stop at the school if I'm able to hunt there.

I don't ask permission from schools. I hunt on the weekends or at night. No locked gates. As far as I am concerned public property unless posted. Only signs are no dogs allowed

LOL, most on here know me and my adventures with the public and police.

I tell them to mind their own business or go play with themselves. I do not cower to anyone with suposed authority or badges.

I go to schools on the weekends sometimes. Custodians are there cleaning most of the time. I just make I contact and wave if I see them. They wave back. No one has approached me yet. And another good spot at a school is in front of the concession booth. Like Scuba said kids don't hold on to money very well. Good Luck Hunting :detector:

Congrats! I agree it's nice to get out. Weather has been awesome this winter. No snow yet this year and several days in the 50's, 60's and 70's... this winter. That almost never happens in Iowa. Good luck to you this year.
...Mark...

I hunt some schools also and I have had police drive by and see me. They have never said anything. I just never go during school hours.

Unfortunately in my area they have built fences all around the schools with locked gates. Also Large NO TRESPASSING signs. But if no one is around and the gate should be unlocked. Well I figure that I paid taxes to build that school. Never had a problem so far.

Back
Top Bottom