Permission to dig 80 year old church yields three quarters

OleSarge

Elite Member
Finally, after a couple years of mouth watering anticipation, my digging buddy and I were finally given permission to dig the grounds of a 80 year old church. The grounds of this church is about five acres of fairly level, and extremely well maintained land which has enough space to accomodate a very large crowd and hosts two gravel volley ball courts. The folks in the church admin office were absolutely fantastic in providing us written permission to dig the property and the Pastor was awsome by spending considerable time with us discussing the history of the church and the grounds. Alarm bells went off though when the Pastor said the entire area was recent construction fill and the volley ball court had just never caught on with the younger members of the congregation as expected. I suppose this information should have been a message to forget the dig, but, as soon as we started searching a vicious rain storm began and the wind picked up. After a wet hour or so of searching we had a few pieces of large steel scrap, some rusty nuts (as in bolt thingies) and, my otherwise extremely well skilled digging buddy had three quarters and a few pennies. We'll go back to the area on another day and reverse our search track for a different look at the possible targets.

AT Pro/Garrett Pro Pointer/Fiskars Digger/Bounty Hunter Outback/HF Pin Pointer.

Caressing Mother Earth in such a way seh happily gives up her treasure.

Back
Top Bottom