Hunting Golf courses

beerdoodle

Forum Supporter
Just another tip for you all.......Due to sheer luck, I was able to hunt a golf course in Illinois back in the late 80.s I used to play a lot and was sitting in the 19th hole. A lady came in and had lost her ring in the fairway rough. I had my detector in the car and found it for her. She had the area well marked and was easy to find. Talking to the grounds keeper afterward I got permission to hunt it. Found literally coins everywhere. Key areas were all tee boxes, just off cart paths and where the majority of the divots were. The trick was to hunt early AM and start at the last hole. Just a thought and who wouldnt like to hunt augusta national :!:

Good tip. I have hunted our local course a few times. Hunt Augusta National? I just wish I could make one swing of a driver there. :yes:

Sounds like a good place, I don't know how all greenskeepes would feel about digging up their manicured grass though, . Its worth a shot thanks , smg

Sounds like you lucked out.
There is a golf course here that dates back to the mid 1800's, when it was a club house for the areas richest. Ive tryed like H3ll to get in there, the answer is always same. :(

Ill keep tryin.

key is, groundskeepers really cant complain about the holes or sighns of, There are divots out there as big as lake Michigan. Now anyone fool enough to dig on the putting service is a 3 wood short of a full bag :lol:

I have never done a golf course but have done very well at old driving ranges. Cladius.

Back
Top Bottom