Got cursed away

iUSEaFisherF75

I live in a duplex and the complex was built in 2006 here in Columbia Missouri. As a note I am white male and 22 years old. I noticed this house that is behind my complex, looks over a hundred years old (there's a church literally 150 yards away that was built towards the end of the civil war), and saw the guy I believe to own it. He was outside trimming the lawn against the fence. I walked up to the fence and said in a nice and calm manner. "Excuse me sir" and after that I was in for a surprise. The man said [curse words] ! I don't talk to no one!"
I obviously just turned around and walked back into my place, but never have I had someone say this to me. The duplexes are rented out by mostly college students so I could see why he's mad but it doesn't mean that I'm like the rest of them.

I wouldn't take it personally. Sounds like he probably just has a mental issue.

I would have most likely laughed, I mean well I don't know what to say lol except its funny :)

I bet that was shocking! Probably would have infuriated me initially...maybe you should make it a goal to befriend the guy?

Some people are sad and sometimes bitter. I try to be civil to people who appear to need help. This person may lead a miserable life and just doesn't care about anyone else. Important thing is to not become like him. I was always taught to kill them with kindness, and sometimes it works. Just wave and say hello whenever you see him, maybe he will think twice about being rude. Be careful around him though as he could have serious issues......Curt:grin:

Start swinging your coil in his yard and i bet he will talk to you. :lol: Just kidding!

That would set me back a bit as well. You just never know about those types. :(

G2M

You could probably just file a complaint to the police and press charges of disorderly conduct. I have friends that were thrown in jail just for cussing. You could also file assault charges if you felt threatened.

When the court date approaches you could work out a deal with his attorney, that the charges would be dropped if he would sign a contract that you can detect his yard, or receive a penalty of several hundred dollars if he violates the contract. ROFLOL!!!!

The case would be airtight if you approach him again and record the conversation with a hidden camera and mic.

You could probably just file a complaint to the police and press charges of disorderly conduct. I have friends that were thrown in jail just for cussing. You could also file assault charges if you felt threatened.

When the court date approaches you could work out a deal with his attorney, that the charges would be dropped if he would sign a contract that you can detect his yard, or receive a penalty of several hundred dollars if he violates the contract. ROFLOL!!!!

The case would be airtight if you approach him again and record the conversation with a hidden camera and mic.

I don't know the laws in bama but someone telling you they don't talk to no one doesn't constitute Dis Con where I live.Plus here in New York it's only a violation and has to be observed in the presence of a Police officer.

I would try offering to mow his grass for free in exchange to hunt the old house.
Works for me a lot!
Good luck...........see ya yardhunter

I'd probably tell him to go **** himself. No excuse for behavior like that when someone gives a pleasant "hello". Old, mental, pissed at the world. No excuse.

College kids can be trouble to have around, and don't stay long, so he's always getting a fresh batch to deal with. College kids are almost always short on cash, and looking for ways to earn a little extra. Transportation is also a problem, so within walking distance, and they tend to think they are 'smart', and can find away in.

Man is on his own property, and you approach him, doubt he'd be in much trouble for cursing, it's not grade school...

I've got cheap, kind of short term, apartments, next door to my house. Every few months, someone moves out, some one moves in. My drive way becomes public parking, until I lay down the law. My front yard becomes a playground, if there are kids. There are seven apartments, and only 3 parking spaces on the street, 4 if they partially block my driveway. So yeah, I can sort of understand the mans point of view...

I was going to help him but getting yelled at like that doesn't leave much room to put in a "But I want to help you." He probably would have told me that he doesn't need any help with a whole bunch of curse words in the mix :laughing:

Part of this hobby is meeting people. Asking permission. Asking the elderly where they partied. Talking to young ladies on the beach. Many many wonderful experiences. Don't let a grouchy old guy discourage you.

"I'm from the upcoming new Nat Geo show America's Angriest Old Men could you say that one more time for the mic?"

It's always so hard to come up with this stuff at the time.

I don't know the laws in bama but someone telling you they don't talk to no one doesn't constitute Dis Con where I live.Plus here in New York it's only a violation and has to be observed in the presence of a Police officer.

Telling doesn't involve profanity, like I expect happened in this case. Profane language can qualify as DC, I believe, getting angry can be considered assault.

I know someone who cussed out a bouncer, and was charged with disorderly conduct, another cussed at his ex-girlfriend and charged with assault.

Couldn't the police just view the video tape he makes when he returns to talk to him to get him cursing and acting threatening on video tape?

Back
Top Bottom