First Gold Of The Year - No Metal Detector Required!

DiggingSteven

Hey,

So my first finds post has come a lot earlier than I expected!

Last night I went to the grocery store to get some bananas for my dad. There's a fair bit of snow here (my front yard has about 4 feet) so he's hesitant to drive if he doesn't have to.

I got out of the store with my bag, walked into the parking lot and had this moment where part of my brain told another part of my brain 'stop, you just saw something'. I don't really know how to describe it any better. So I stopped, looked around for 10 seconds and saw this beauty in the snow.

When I got it home and put it under the loop, sure enough it's 18k white gold with 3 diamonds. My wife said I'm the only person she knows that can find a white gold ring, in the snow, at night.

Thats 1 FTY :)

Attachments

• WhatsApp.jpg
    WhatsApp.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 383
Nice catch.
I’m sure the loser of that ring is probably frantic. Might be good Karma to post a Found ad (without too much detail) on a local Facebook page or bulletin board for your town. I know I’d appreciate it if someone did that for a ring I lost.

Nice catch.
I’m sure the loser of that ring is probably frantic. Might be good Karma to post a Found ad (without too much detail) on a local Facebook page or bulletin board for your town. I know I’d appreciate it if someone did that for a ring I lost.

Already done :)

Good, I would have done the same thing. Might even tell the store manager, in case someone reported it lost. Of course the claimer would have to describe it. That said, they may want you to give it to them (found on their property) to hold...….so probably not a good idea!

Nice catch.

Good, I would have done the same thing. Might even tell the store manager, in case someone reported it lost. Of course the claimer would have to describe it. That said, they may want you to give it to them (found on their property) to hold...….so probably not a good idea!

+1 …...glad to hear that and good for you on doing the right thing ! :thumbsup:

…...hey, if you do find the owner, who knows, they might let you detect their property as a thank you !

Back
Top Bottom