San Clemente gets $505,000 to bring more sand to shore

Not possible to click your link. A series of popup ads come up, that you can't click beyond to see the ad. Or am I doing something wrong ?

Not possible to click your link. A series of popup ads come up, that you can't click beyond to see the ad. Or am I doing something wrong ?

Are you running an ad blocker?

The first pop up was asking to turn off my ad blocker. The next 2 ads I could close.

The sand unfortunately won't stay there very long. Some other plan might be better to bring back and keep the sand. Usually most of it is gone within the 1st year. In the 70s North beach only had about 50 yards of sand for people to lay out on.

Only half a million dollars worth of sand?? Local beach has been Re-nourished twice in the past five years. Seven miles of beach. First time was 50 million dollars and last winter was 30 million. Then a hurricane and now the surf at high tied is in places into the dunes.

Link's working for me, but I use Opera browser so I get a LOT less popups and ads compared to Chrome.

We have the same problem on Lake Michigan by me. Terrible erosion and high lake levels are eating up the beaches and eroding the dunes. There was much less lake (shelf) ice this winter that protects the beaches hence the damage. Many dunetop roads and bluffs we used to have are now long gone.

Only half a million dollars worth of sand?? Local beach has been Re-nourished twice in the past five years. Seven miles of beach. First time was 50 million dollars and last winter was 30 million. Then a hurricane and now the surf at high tied is in places into the dunes.

It's California, everything is inflated by 500%...…. ;)

Seems that the inflation rate may be much higher here on the East Coast. 80 million dollars spent on seven miles of beach over a period of five years.

Seems that the inflation rate may be much higher here on the East Coast. 80 million dollars spent on seven miles of beach over a period of five years.

No. California is just smarter ! (Kinda)
We know that the sand just isn't going to stay. That's why we go cheap. We need the $ for more important things. Once you guys spend about a billion , maybe you'll have figured it out by then.

No. California is just smarter ! (Kinda)
We know that the sand just isn't going to stay. That's why we go cheap. We need the $ for more important things. Once you guys spend about a billion , maybe you'll have figured it out by then.

KOB I see the politicians yall elect so I am somewhat doubtful of the statement about Californians being smarter. We just love all those tourist dollars that they spend here. That is why and how the sand gets paid for. I love the tourists who visit the beaches as they tend to leave nice items for my detector to find. I don't like the resourced beaches but you do what you got to do. No beach, no Dollars, no finds.

KOB I see the politicians yall elect so I am somewhat doubtful of the statement about Californians being smarter. We just love all those tourist dollars that they spend here. That is why and how the sand gets paid for. I love the tourists who visit the beaches as they tend to leave nice items for my detector to find. I don't like the resourced beaches but you do what you got to do. No beach, no Dollars, no finds.
Very true ! But why do so many dream , fantasize , then move out here ? I hope you keep getting more tourists out there , fall in love with it , and make the move ! All from Cali of course...lol...

Back
Top Bottom