First Silver - Great 90 Minute Hunt!

Dirty Nails

Elite Member
Last week I got permission to hunt the yard of my wife's 90 year old grandmother. The home was built in 1941. Anyway, after getting permission, we had a rare snowstorm in southeast Virginia that dropped 4" of snow on us Thursday night into Friday morning. Two of my four kids had never played in/seen snow so all day Friday and Saturday were spent in the snow. Sunday afternoon the temperature got into the 60's so I detected for 90 minutes in an area only 10' X 10'. In less than three minutes I pulled this 1943 Mercury - my first silver coin. Over the next hour I then pulled this 1950's Midgetoy Diecast car - a green 1950's Caddilac convertible. I got four quarters, three other dimes, and four pennies. Going back next weekend!

Attachments

• 20200223_171247.jpg
    20200223_171247.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 391
  • 20200223_171306.jpg
    20200223_171306.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 309
Congrats on the merc ! :thumbsup:

Good hunt for just a 10'x10' area, after getting all that from a small area I'm sure you can't wait to detect the rest of the yard !

Sweet and only in 90 minutes! I'd be spending a lot more time at my grandmother-in-law's place. Be sure and visit with her too! HH!

Very nice results. Going back again is definitely worth a try. Good luck.

Yes sir, going back this weekend.

Congrats on the merc ! :thumbsup:

Thank you - after two years detecting, it was nice to finally hold/see one in person.

Good hunt for just a 10'x10' area, after getting all that from a small area I'm sure you can't wait to detect the rest of the yard !

Yes, I had a very limited amount of time yesterday. I'll be there at sunrise on Saturday.

That's a great score for such a short hunt, go back find more and report back to us.

Will do - thanks!

Congrats on your first silver! Nice find!

Thanks!

Sweet and only in 90 minutes! I'd be spending a lot more time at my grandmother-in-law's place. Be sure and visit with her too! HH!

Fortunately, the assisted living facility where she now lives in only about 6 minutes from the AF base. I'll have lunch with her this week. Thanks.

Good deal, my mother is in assisted living as well. She'll turn 90 in July.

It's good that you visit her, too many don't (other residents). I have breakfast with my mom every day during the week. I make sure and talk to most every senior there, seems to make their day and mine too!

Nice job on getting some silver from Grandma's yard. The Midgetoy is cool also. I'm sure you'll find more there.

You know if you need some help with that yard - I'm available. :lol:

Congrats on that merc! It makes for a great hunt.

Thanks JAK!

Nice job on getting some silver from Grandma's yard. The Midgetoy is cool also. I'm sure you'll find more there.

You know if you need some help with that yard - I'm available. :lol:

Estima8tor, are you in SE Virginia? Until this yard, I've strictly been a beach/ballfield/playground/schoolyard/parking lot hunter. My 10 year old has taken an interest and joins me most of the time now so I'm going to respectfully keep this one to myself. However, if you're from SE Virginia, I'd like to PM some questions to you.

Congrats on your first silver, the toy car and the rest of the digs...a fine hunt!

Thanks!

Definitely a great hunt, congrats on the goodies!

Thank you. I hope to have more to show everyone over the weekend. Going to be chilly though.

90 well spent minutes congratulations! Good luck on the next visit too.

Thanks WMass - I'm originally from Plymouth County!

Back
Top Bottom