• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Couple of Good Ones in January

Fantastic congratulations. Love the Goldies.
Cheers
Doc
Thanks Doc, I love them as well. Been at least a year since I found a honker.

Great post , finds and pictures .Congrats on some real golden beauties !
Thank you Soil Surgeon, Posting the story brings back some good feelings for sure. :yes:

Nice rings..only one I have found so far with Mr. Nox was a man's band 14k and was a 21.
Thanks Metal, These are the 2 nicest gold rings I have found with the Nox out of maybe a dozen. Just happened to be on the same hunt.

Wow man, nice quality there!
Thanks Z, Really a rarity for me to find 2 nice quality rings on the same hunt- 1 or 2 per year might be more the norm. :yes:

Awesome! Thanks for motivating all of us!
Thanks trsrseeker! It's nice to give back- I've received plenty of motivation from this forum. :yes:

:dingding: Both gorgeous rings! I love it when a I read a Nox poster passing up on that 19-21 range thinking they are pennies.
Thanks Felix, Zinc pennies, big lead and a lot of trash seem to share that range with big gold rings. It tests one's patience digging so much junk but once you find something nice with that TID it's hard to ignore them. :yes:
Two sweet golds from “the lake” (?) nice hunting man! Beautiful rings!
Thank you GS, As a rule I prefer the Nox or the Excalibur for fresh water. BTW, found these rings in "gold" mode. :yes:

Thats cats eye a nice one. quality finds there.
Definitely stands out- thanks Dew!

Sweet ring! Great finds!
Thanks Mr. Bill T, Probably used up all my luck on those 2. ;)

Those rings look amazing in the final pics, love that yellow
Thank you RRF! One of the easiest clean-up jobs I've had I think. Just a little Wright's silver cream. :yes:

Compass, where did you get the pole for your scoop ?
Pretty sure I got the one in this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yK6N1R7qC8A
However, I believe the company has changed hands and is now in Westminster, CA. I don't know if they still do the carbon fiber handles.

Good California report. Thanx for bringing us along.
Thanks Tom, Very happy to do so on the better hunts. :yes:

Been super busy this year but wanted to post about one of my most memorable hunts in recent memory. Last month I took the Nox for a spin and even though I got off to a later than usual start there was still plenty of daylight to dig some targets. As far as targets go there were plenty of them- maybe 10 pieces of trash to every coin but I still am learning the Nox so I dug a lot of "iffy" signals.

A "19-20" flashed on the target ID and a quick scoop and dump left me with a sight I live to see:
picture.php

There on the sand was the unmistakable shape of a nice sized ring! The yellow color looked about right but I've been fooled before. As I reached down for it I prayed that it would have some weight to it and was relieved that it did. Around the outside perimeter of the ring was a beautiful scroll design and inside the ring I could make out a number of well-made markings.
picture.php

A quick rub with my thumb left a brilliant shine in the sunlight and told me that the ring had probably been down there for some time. I slipped the ring on my finger for safe keeping and continued to hunt knowing that this day was a already a huge success!
I continued to find a huge amount of trash with a few coins here and there and after a few hours I was nearing the end of my allotted time when another hard "19" TID showed up on the detector. Now I think that 99.9 out of 100 nineteens are not large gold rings and lightning had already struck today so what were my chances that it would happen again? Apparently, this was my lucky day for I soon scooped out another beauty and this one much heavier than the first!
picture.php

I was now feeling like many of the dreams I have had where gold is practically jumping out of the sand. I drove home reliving the hunt in my mind and glad that I was able to capture some of those moments on my cell phone.
picture.php

picture.php

I may have had better hunts before but not in a while and for some reason not as memorable. I sure do love this hobby (most of the time)! GL&HH!

OH WOW! is that a legit star sapphire? Does the star move around with you? If so, you're sitting on QUITE a gem!!

https://invoguejewelry.blogspot.com/2013/09/star-sapphires-how-to-spot-fakes.html
A natural sapphire's "legs" aren't all identical; some are brighter, longer or straighter than others. Natural Star Sapphires have visible imperfections within the stone. If the bottom of the cabochon is smooth and flat, it's fake. A natural sapphire will be rough on the bottom, or even have missing "chunks"

OH WOW! is that a legit star sapphire? Does the star move around with you? If so, you're sitting on QUITE a gem!!

https://invoguejewelry.blogspot.com/2013/09/star-sapphires-how-to-spot-fakes.html
A natural sapphire's "legs" aren't all identical; some are brighter, longer or straighter than others. Natural Star Sapphires have visible imperfections within the stone. If the bottom of the cabochon is smooth and flat, it's fake. A natural sapphire will be rough on the bottom, or even have missing "chunks"
Thanks Skippy but I believe that this is a synthetic gem. :(

Nineteen

Nineteen on the NOX was a gold ring? Wow, zinc is shows up for me. I will start/keep digging those 19 numbers. Those are two beautiful rings. Congrates
HH everyone

Nineteen on the NOX was a gold ring? Wow, zinc is shows up for me. I will start/keep digging those 19 numbers. Those are two beautiful rings. Congrates
HH everyone

Thanks hikerdude, Yes, since gold rings come in all shapes, sizes, karats and with different alloys, the TIDs can be anywhere from 1 or 2 to about 21 or 22 from what I have heard. The larger, 14k gold bands can definitely show up as a 19/20.
However, like you said, zinc pennies (and a lot of junk) also give the same TID. It's too bad that gold rings aren't more like quarters that show up most every time you get a 29/30- wouldn't that be nice! GL&HH!

A couple of nice ones there George! Cleaned up very nice too, congrats! Star sapphires are neat, I would love to find one someday :yes:

Wow, beautiful rings!! Congrats on an outstanding hunt!
Thanks 08vette, Certainly been a good start to the year for me. :yes:

A couple of nice ones there George! Cleaned up very nice too, congrats! Star sapphires are neat, I would love to find one someday :yes:
Thank you Slim, Good gold certainly seems easier to clean. A big opal ring is what I would love to find someday!

Wow, couple of really nice ones!
Thanks Vermonster, I'm not sure which one surprised me more- the first or the second one! :shock:

Sweet rings...congrats on the excellent double gold hunt!
Thank you Captain, I had kind of an off-year last year so maybe this year will make up for it! :D

Stunning Gold! Congrats on those two beauties.
Thanks Beachhunter, I was stunned for sure! :yes:

george those are some gorgous rings what a hunt congrats buddy :wow:
Thank you Mark, If the Nox wasn't already paid for it certainly is now. :D

Thanks for all the awesome replies everyone! This will be my last post on this thread as I don't want to keep bumping it to the top of the page. GL&HH!

Back
Top Bottom