First Hunt/Day of 2020 (14k Ring)

Joshc214

Decided to get an early start to the year and went out for few hours this afternoon. After pulling that diamond cross last week we had another front that hit us over the past few days bringing more wind/waves. I decided to go back and hunt that same area. As soon as I got there I noticed a 5 foot cut up on the dry sand... went back in water directly in front of the cut (also where I found the cross) and started pulling nickles left and right.

After pulling around 20+ nickles I still hadn't found gold. Normally my ratio for nickles to gold is around 5:1. Something wasn't right... it ended up taking a good 4 hours working this small area til I finally pulled the 14k ring. Has some nice weight to it too!

I'll have to go for round 3 and hit this area again in the next couple days. I'm on a small gold streak, found gold the past 5 hunts in a row :)

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 646
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 615
Man you have double the gold I have for this year! Way to go! Nice weight too!

Nice find josh. Nice way to start off the year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:dingding:Way to get the early dinger on that honker! 20 nickels is just great for an area - way to work it for the real prize.

Nice Chunk!! WOW!

Just need every gold ring I find to weigh this much to hit my 1lb goal :)

Start to a new decade , congrat's on the gold

Thanks Earl!

Nice honker for sure. Sweet

Thanks Scuba!

Nice find josh. Nice way to start off the year.

Thanks man!

:dingding:Way to get the early dinger on that honker! 20 nickels is just great for an area - way to work it for the real prize.

Thanks Felix! It's been a long time since I've found that many nickles... odd thing is every other honey hole I checked was completely sanded in. It was just this one small stretch of beach that held the heavier items. If low tide was closer to mid day I would've stayed an additional 3-4 hours, but the combination of the temp dropping fast and freezing water at 5pm I had to get out. I'm sure I barely scratched the surface.

Luv them pix poses of the ring on the scale. That's the cash-register jingle-tune moments :)

Thanks Zeemang!

I noticed you're already on the board as well! Congrats, should be a great year!

Where I hunt Josh... I won't find the tonnage you do... ;) People back then were small for the most part... a size 3 ring is a common size I find... but I like old stuff besides the gold... silver I could do without as its really silver oxide after decades of being in the wet salt sand and mud... but the trinkets and things me likes :yes:

Luv them pix poses of the ring on the scale. That's the cash-register jingle-tune moments :)

That'll read 16 ounces by the end of this year :cool: I wish...

Where I hunt Josh... I won't find the tonnage you do... ;) People back then were small for the most part... a size 3 ring is a common size I find... but I like old stuff besides the gold... silver I could do without as its really silver oxide after decades of being in the wet salt sand and mud... but the trinkets and things me likes :yes:

I think I'd rather find gold with some age to it... The big diamond engagement rings are cool, and that cross I found, but most of it was lost this year or a few years ago at the most. I've watched videos of some of the guys in England finding old roman coins and artifacts dating back as far as 1500 bc... can't imagine finding something with that much history to it.

I guess beggars can't be choosers lol

Craig it was a strange year here. And these are old beach's like yours, I had two locations that most were larger rings. Like you said not normal for older beach's. Between the two I got 89 gold rings from them, giving me my best year ever on gold weight. The good one is still loaded for I don't believe it was every hunted. Bob and Frank missed this one!!:shock:

Hi
Sounds like you are in a great area, I didn't find gold but got a cold, lol . And an old horseshoe, but I am in England so that goes with the territory.
Stu

Back
Top Bottom