Ruggedness - Equinox vs. AT Max

The 'analysis paralysis' is over. A decision has been made and a machine is on order. Should be here by next Monday.

The clearcut winner was the Equinox 600.

Got a package from one of our forum sponsors that includes the 11" stock coil, 6" coil, and he was willing to swap out the Pro-Find 35 for the Garrett Pro-Pointer AT.

MUCH THANKS TO EVERYONE FOR ANSWERING QUESTIONS! All I need now is some decent weather...

Sounds like you got a good deal ! Glad to see your getting the carrot. That other pointer would've been a disappointment.

And the weather has been perfect for detecting . No bugs hardly anyone out. Ground is soft. I just need time.

Sounds like you got a good deal ! Glad to see your getting the carrot. That other pointer would've been a disappointment.

Never any question on the carrot and glad I went with the Nox. It's was cold last week but the ground STILL doesn't seem frozen (at least not rock solid). Cannot wait to get diggin' again!

For $18 you can purchase Doc’s Arm-cuff Cover for the Nox. It makes the arm cuff super comfortable.

I bought the arm cuff cover and display cover. Love them both, the arm cuff cover really does make it more comfortable to use and the display cover helps keep mud off the screen.

For $18 you can purchase Doc’s Arm-cuff Cover for the Nox. It makes the arm cuff super comfortable.

This hobby reminds me of boating... BOAT is actually an acronym for Bring On Another Thousand. Every time I turn around there’s something else I need (a.k.a. want really badly). Lol.

I tell ya... my wife is really loving all the advice about MORE equipment. NOT!

I bet she will be singing a different tune when you bring a few gold rings home and she claims them:laughing: Then she wil be pushing you to get more equipment and to go detecting more:laughing:

I bet she will be singing a different tune when you bring a few gold rings home and she claims them:laughing: Then she wil be pushing you to get more equipment and to go detecting more:laughing:

Maybe but I’m thinking she’s more interested in the clad totals and various scrap/melt values. “Show me the money!” Lol

I started hunting July 2019 and decided to go with the AT Max after watching many popular YouTube Md'ers. I couldn't stand the machine and sold it in October. I started to not enjoy hunting.

I picked up a used nox 800 from my friend and was hopefully that I wouldn't be let down. I've fallen in love with detecting again. The selling point was an area that I have gone over at least 10 times with the Max. I found 3 indian head cents in a five foot area with the nox my first time out.

It does take some learning to get used to, but I will never use another detector again.

Like I told you before, you're caught in a bad case of analysis paralysis. I've seen all your posts, and you're looking for some kind of reassurance that I don't think you'll get from the forums. The easiest way to break that is just buy one and not look back. If you're that much in doubt, start with the Equinox since it has a very high resale value especially if you're smart and don't pay retail. Then if you really think you made the wrong choice, you can sell without much loss at all, and go to the Garrett.
Chris, I'm looking to get an equinox 800, any advice on not paying retail? I seem to see them listed for the same price everywhere....

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Chris, I'm looking to get an equinox 800, any advice on not paying retail? I seem to see them listed for the same price everywhere....

I think Minelab's military discount is 15%.

Also, call or email an online vendor direct and ask them for a deal. They will give you one. It might be a small reduction in price they can't officially advertise or throwing in an extra accessory.

I dunno if the rules allow, but I can PM you someone I use, especially for Minelab products.

I think Minelab's military discount is 15%.

Also, call or email an online vendor direct and ask them for a deal. They will give you one. It might be a small reduction in price they can't officially advertise or throwing in an extra accessory.

I dunno if the rules allow, but I can PM you someone I use, especially for Minelab products.
Thanks. I will give that a try, and any private recommendations are certainly welcomed, unless frowned upon, in which case I was never here...

Ya just call up your local dealer. Mine has smokin deals on the 800. Im thinking about getting my wife one at that price!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom