1652 oak tree shilling!!!!

Wow, what an amazing find! That is just jaw dropping. Like someone else mentioned, sell the detector because it doesn't get better than that! Are you located in Massachusetts? I see New England in your post. Congrats!

just want to say thanks

I just want to thank all of you for your comments/views all 4,000 of them while I have yet to be struck by lighting twice, I still go to that spot from time to time in hopes of finding one more..............................................

I've been watchin' this string for a while now, and IMHO... I gotta say... this has got to be one (if not the best) posts that I've ever seen on FMD. It's the ultimate (stateside) find of a lifetime!!!
The absolute best dig I've seen so far... and the ultimate eye-popper!
You are the "Sir Lancelot at th' round table of coil swingers", BC!
HandsClapping.gif

Pine Tree Shilling

I knew a lady coin dealer that used to buy foreign coins by the pound. She sold them at her booth at a local Flea Market for ten cents apiece. She found a Pine Tree Shilling in a bag of foreign coins. I guess no one knew what it was and it got placed in with the foreign coins. Knowing your coins can really be rewarding.

This post was before I joined so only seen it now after someone linked to it.... and yes that's a great one! An online friend found an Oak Tree Shilling in Upstate NY about 8 years ago.

Even though I'm not anywhere near New England I have dug many cobs, and always had the dream one of those could turn up.

Any follow up to this? Did you keep or sell it? What did it turn out to be worth?

Back
Top Bottom