SILVER #34&35 Just not sure what they are.

markinswpa

Forum Supporter
Been in a silver slump for 2 mo. now. Last silver was a 1907 Barber dime on the 3rd of Sept. Between work, the heat, and dry diggin I've only managed 9 hunts. Short ones at that. I have been working one of the older houses in the neighborhood. So far a couple of wheaties, and a buck or two in clad. Not what you would expect from a 115 yr old house. We had heavy rain here this morning so when it let up I thought I'll give it another shot. Started out back, got five pretty toasted wheaties, two spoons, one I believe is silver, and these two silvers. I didn't test them but they rang up a solid 12-46 13-47 on the Etrac and there is no doubt the ring you here when dropping them on the counter. Did an image search and came up empty.My hope is that they are really old, they are at least one of my cooler finds. Thanks for looking and HH Mark

Attachments

• 20171105_180723.jpg
    20171105_180723.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 280
  • 20171105_181510.jpg
    20171105_181510.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 248
  • 20171105_181430.jpg
    20171105_181430.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 252
  • 20171105_180958.jpg
    20171105_180958.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 250
Not positive but I think those are silver Japanese yen. Congratulations on the neat finds and silver.

Sent from my LG-V495 using Tapatalk

Thank you Don, so far I haven't found any info on them. I would like to imagine they were brought home from the second world war as souvenirs. HH Mark

Thank you I was hoping somebody would know the years on those coins those are the first foreign silver I've dug good luck and happy Hunting Steve

Sent from my SM-S902L using Tapatalk

Mark --

Glad to help!

I'll be back in your neck of the woods in about 2 weeks...heading back "home" to southwestern PA for Thanksgiving week. Hoping to do a little digging while I'm there; I always do!

Happy hunting!

Steve

Thank you. I read on another post you were thinking Etrac. I don't claim to be more than a bumbling novice but I can help with the learning curve if you pick one up. Let me know. HH Mark

Thank you. I read on another post you were thinking Etrac. I don't claim to be more than a bumbling novice but I can help with the learning curve if you pick one up. Let me know. HH Mark

I'm going to be picking it up tomorrow! I'll take all the help I can get. Thank you for the offer!

Cool, where did you get one? Definitely a good time to pick one up with all the hype about new machines coming out. Sent you a PM Mark

Mark --

Glad to help!

I'll be back in your neck of the woods in about 2 weeks...heading back "home" to southwestern PA for Thanksgiving week. Hoping to do a little digging while I'm there; I always do!

Happy hunting!

Steve
So Steve where at in Pennsylvania was home. I I spent a little time in Norman Oklahoma when I was at Fort Sill

Sent from my SM-S902L using Tapatalk

Cool cool........Congrats !!!
I love finding foreign coins , especially silver.......sure beats a merc ........

hope the luck continues for ya.........

You wouldn't expect to find old foreign silver coins where you were detecting. Big Congrats! Those are some very cool looking coins.

beephead

Back
Top Bottom