$17.68 clad before angry bird ran me off...

jwp1964

Forum Supporter
Got out to a park at a small
Local town this morning. Was only there two hours. I had found a gravel parking lot absolutely loaded with clad.

I didn't even have to dig most signals just kick away some gravel and pick up my gas money.

I was swinging along picking up clad when I heard some squawking. Looked up and a puffed up and angry Killdeer was standing in my path. I wondered what the heck and then I saw it. Just behind the bird was his/her nest right in the gravel with 4 eggs. In the photo you have to look closely to see the nest and eggs, but it's there and well camouflaged. I left the area as not to stress the bird. Probably could have broke $30 mark, but I can go back later.

Ended up with 47 quarters and 56 dimes. A nice gas money dig!!

d244b4728086515d94f3f2e66d7f9fcd.jpg

a98eb57b27e5bad93a070a7822386969.jpg

6d33c691f2492c6131e3afd10eb2b5fb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Thats a lot of digging. Ground nesting birds like that will sometimes feign a broken wing to lure predators(you) away from the nest. Very cool

That's a good amount of clad, excellent work and pictures as well.

That's a strange place for a bird to nest. Congrats with the awesome clad haul!

Wow, awesome take on the clad there, GREAT hunt man!

Thats a neat looking bird congrats a great clad haul!

Thats a lot of digging. Ground nesting birds like that will sometimes feign a broken wing to lure predators(you) away from the nest. Very cool

Thanks all. It was a clad mine, lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ooohhh, terrifying little plover! They always do the funny broken-wing act to lure you away, and always nest in gravel. Great clad haul -

:face palm:

i read "gravel parking lot" and immediately pictured trying to dig in it.

read on and then thought of all those times i just walk across them to hit the grassy areas.

never even imagined swinging the coil and kicking gravel aside to pick up gas money.

thanks, jwp.

Back
Top Bottom