Pounded out park gives up more silver

Ohio Digger

Elite Member
I headed out this morning to my old park. I was planning on hitting a large field area that I don't think is terribly old. The park is from the 1890's but this section I think was developed later, maybe the 1950's based on my topographic maps. Well as I was driving in I noticed the park employee was mowing the field. It was already getting hot and very humid so I decided to stop at a very small parking area of about 5 spaces and 1 picnic table that was somewhat shaded. It was right near the woods with a trail going into them. I don't think this area is as old either since it is right down the road from the field I was going to hit. But I did find 11 wheat pennies with a few of them from the 20's and 30's. I also got a '36 Merc and a '42 Washington (both plain). The Merc was no where near a dime (or penny for that matter) signal. But it was a nice repeatable high tone and was about the same depth I was finding the wheats so I dug it. I still have to finish the area because the employee came down to mow that little area too. HH

Attachments

• 1936 Merc out of hole.jpg
    1936 Merc out of hole.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 272
  • 1942 out of hole.JPG
    1942 out of hole.JPG
    177.6 KB · Views: 276
  • July 7 2013 finds from Mill Creek Park near Bears Den.JPG
    July 7 2013 finds from Mill Creek Park near Bears Den.JPG
    128.4 KB · Views: 275
  • 1942 Washington and 1936 Merc.JPG
    1942 Washington and 1936 Merc.JPG
    144 KB · Views: 273
Way to go!!

A double day is a really great day, any day!!

Congrats on the silvers!!

<*)))>{

Back
Top Bottom