7 ring Saturday: 3 silvers.

Skippy SH13

Forum Supporter
I went out on Saturday to two different elementary schools. I was pleasantly surprised at the volume of finds I came across (I was gridding "off" areas of activity... apparently most MDers didn't hit these areas.).

The video is a compilation of all the finds (just find to find, no "walking" portions).

There were 3 total silvers from the hunts, and that's a new record for me in a single day for silver rings. On the third silver ring, I got kind of an evil laugh (it's in the video). *grin*

IF THE VIDEO DOES NOT WORK, YOU CAN CLICK THE LINK HERE: (Its the same content/link in both places)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcEI82ymHPA

Cheers,

Skippy

Attachments

• FullSizeRender(2).jpg
    FullSizeRender(2).jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 518
Last edited:
Can't get the video to play but very nice finds!

Try the link below the video then. It's the same link... Sometimes when I post a video, the link doesn't embed right. Still cannot figure out why it works sometimes and why it doesn.t.

I'll call out the physical link a little better in the main post.

Dang, 2 CTR rings and in one hunt??? :shock: Most of us aren't lucky enough to find even one. Congratz!!!

Two different schools. I've never found two in one day, but I've probably pulled close to 18 (not counting the junk ones) over the last 2.5 years.

Cool finds! I've found my share of silver CTR rings in my area too. Always fun to find. I'm grateful that Mormon youth use finger reminders to do what's right!

congrats on the rings. They're all nice but I like the second the best. Keep up the good work!

Nice! Is that an Abalone shell in the one? Its strange and interesting how some areas in a town are full of certain items depending on who frequents or has frequented them...Its an interesting study alright...

Nice! Is that an Abalone shell in the one? Its strange and interesting how some areas in a town are full of certain items depending on who frequents or has frequented them...Its an interesting study alright...

That's my guess. It's really quite a remarkable color. It's one of my favorite rings. Clearly a hand-build, too. I'm thinking someone bought it on a vacation!

7 rings in one day is just crazy! most I ever found is 3 and mostly junk, some are pretty junk though. Nice job on the video too. keep at it amigo!

7 rings in one day is just crazy! most I ever found is 3 and mostly junk, some are pretty junk though. Nice job on the video too. keep at it amigo!

I'm actually in it for the rings. I get depressed if I go two hunts without finding one, though it happens. I've been on a bit of a streak lately, though, with several rings each day I hunt. Tonight, for example, I pulled another three. (will post pictures tomorrow).

Some of it is location (schools are great places to find rings), and some of it is just sheer determination. I walked 3/4 of a football field tonight, gridding it, to find 3 rings. Amazingly, while it felt like change was few and far between, after I got home, I discovered I had more than $5. Still... it was 3 hours of hunting with many "rows" across the field without a single dig. Stuff seemed to come in spurts.

Skippy

Back
Top Bottom